DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

stopping at waypoints

wxperson

Reactions
Hi.

Is there a setting that prevents the drone from stopping at Litchi waypoints. I set up a flight with 10 waypoints and even if the waypoints are in a "straight line"... the Mavic will stop for a few seconds before moving on at cruising speed.

The mission is pretty straightforward with no curved lines, no actions at any of the points, etc.. Would curved lines allow it to keep up a steady speed? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

George

Switching to curved lines removes the delay but also removes most of the actions available at the waypoints.

Reactions: Tanguy and ICHOTT
I'm not sure about this. I've run dozens of missions and my Mavic Pro didn't stop (or slow down) at any waypoints on any of them until the mission I did a couple weeks ago. Not sure if there was an update that caused this.

Litchi Mission - Waypoint speed oddity & questions...

My Mavic Pro didn't slow down at every waypoint either, just 2 of them of like 15. The mission was set to use curves.

I've deleted those 2 waypoints and recreated them... as soon as the weather gets better I plan to see if those changes I made make any difference.

I do not like that it slows down and it shouldn't unless I programmed it to change to something slower. If cruising speed is set to 20mph and you are heading to a waypoint where you change the speed to 33 MPH why would it slow down before speeding up?

You can individually set the waypoint to straight lines or curves. That may be why it stopped at only 2 of 15.

You can individually set the waypoint to straight lines or curves. That may be why it stopped at only 2 of 15.

Where is that individual setting? In the Mission Hub in Waypoint Settings I see a slider for Curve Size. Is that the setting? Are you saying that if that Curve Size = 0 then it will slow/stop at those waypoints? If the curve size is greater than 0 it won't stop and follow the curve?

I will need to look that up later today. I do not have my equipment with me now.

o_O
Switching to curved lines removes the delay but also removes most of the actions available at the waypoints.
Agreed and litchi has been like this for at least the last year, maybe always, straight line wp always stops briefly, very annoying, curved lines doesn’t stop but removes almost all actions you may want, very annoying ;)

Switch to Drone Harmony and you wont have any of those problems plus more options and camera control at waypoints and in between them.

Where is that individual setting? In the Mission Hub in Waypoint Settings I see a slider for Curve Size. Is that the setting? Are you saying that if that Curve Size = 0 then it will slow/stop at those waypoints? If the curve size is greater than 0 it won't stop and follow the curve?

Check out this comparison between traditional (linear/parallel) and non-traditional (non-linear/non-parallel) flight lines.

Attachments

• Fairbanks Fodar flight lines.jpg
    Fairbanks Fodar flight lines.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Log-spiral flight lines.jpg
    Log-spiral flight lines.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads