DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Store with props on or off?

Lol, now I wonder why I’ve sold everything, yep very addictive.... our drone flying hobby

;););)
i see your smell checker is playing up again

The only problem I see with this picture is the stress on the prop hub rivets. By puling down and in on the props, there is pressure on those rivets, and if if gets bad, the props will get loose in the rivets and possibly affect the stability of the prop. In your case's case(?), I would just take the props off and stow them in the slots on the sides the the Mavic..

View attachment 63925
I'll will reserve the top blade keeper for when the battery is in and I'm using the DJI Fly More kit bag.
Otherwise I don't need while in the hard case. Thanks for your keen observation.

If you are referring to “yep” that’s slang for “yes” must be an age thing. It was meant to say “Yep”:rolleyes::rolleyes:
no worries i am at that funny age now just trying to have a laugh (yip addy do dah yip addy ay ho ho ho what a wonderful day

Nope didn’t make it myself, that’s how it comes from the manufacture. The battery hub/charger, you’re right all fitted into the case as per the manufacture again.

The case is, B&W type 3000 case made for the Dji M2P, they do soooooo many cases for our drones.

Bit of info for ya;)

View attachment 64035
It is a nice case :)

Reactions: Porky
I like to remove my props and cover the motors with dust caps. I also put dust caps on contacts on the batteries and the hull.

Not sure...my wife stays in the car in the shade with a iPad pro connected to the controller via a usb cable and that works for us..my controller will always override hers...just in case

Not sure...my wife stays in the car in the shade with a iPad pro connected to the controller via a usb cable and that works for us..my controller will always override hers...just in case

So the 2nd controller is in buddy mode? Can she accidentally move you? Im looking for the best and leas expensive option to allow a second person to look at the display, too- have an iPad already to use also.

Generally, I try to avoid folding the arms as I feel that the action can affect the service life of the joint. So I have a big box that is large enough to fit the drone with arms unfolded. I padded it on the bottom and the sides for some extra protection when the car goes over bumps. The same reasoning also goes for keeping the propellers in place although the guy at the shop advised me to always take a look at them closely before flight and of course, to check that they are locked in place.

I bought a few types of clamps for the propellers when stowed but with each, I noticed that the propellers would have some pressure downwards as the clamp grips tightly. I am uncomfortable with this as I feel that the alignment of the motor spindle is crucial and if the propellers are pressed down, then there may also be some pressure on the spindle and over time, it could get out of original alignment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032