DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storm-proof Drone Bag

almorelle

Reactions
c0c01812373a763578a6c1a3b0019b76.jpg

There's a project for storm-proof bags for cameras and drones on Indiegogo that looks cool. I personally think it's more for people that have the money and like an all-in-one solution with cool features but the bags are nice.

I'm not part of this, I just saw it and thought it might interest some of you. :)

agua. storm-proof bags for cameras and drones

df463e264c8f765f166ea4c967b7fe05.jpg

0bff431df09b49bbd7cfc19ba8a912e9.jpg

5545b89e90fb1626e621cad8a34fbdcb.jpg

a912027b4a9ddb760f189804609a4ec1.jpg

84839fd7393fc3bbc2ad5b81a47fb652.gif

071bfaf4baa4947d27f5d45903394c70.jpg

Last edited:
It looks good... I love how yo have space for everything you need..

Video review of a pre-production unit here at Drone Valley:

If you really need the protection against the elements it might be just the thing; for most of us it strikes me as awkward and might not fit everything plus a MavMount unless it's disassembled, adding to setup time. It might fit a folded Mavic with leg extensions left in place, but hard to tell. Good idea for those who need it, though.

I use one of these; the sling has a built-in rain cover at the bottom, I can leave leg extensions on and my 10" diameter stowed landing pad straps to the back: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013MC8H2A

I use a 40L dry bag that looks very similar in size to that picture and just throw the DJI fly more bag in there with whatever stuff I'm bringing, works perfectly and even a slot for a laptop/ipad mini

Reactions: Rbruz
I found that having a bag designed for the mavic was interesting to see and the design is actually pretty cool.

Anyway, there are already many posts for mavic bags. I personally use very small cases that I can literally fit in any other bag ;) That's the best for set up time.

a5f9c4efa7c3dee73da1c7de4218628e.jpg

Reactions: whe1946
Why would you need a storm proof bag? Not like you'll be flying in a storm!

Well for example, I go to Panama with my bird, it rains everday around 1-2 for an hr to 3 hrs so if we are out hiking for the day, no need to worry about the bird getting wet and after the rain some of the shots are awesome like this

628c8086120d6b6e4ce0672288ca147e.jpg

Reactions: almorelle
My gf has no less then 50 bags not counting containers !! I feel the pain Ja !
I always thought my wife was bad but it appears some of her madness has rubbed off on me, I have about a dozen bags and cases now for my Mavic, all essential of course.

I found that having a bag designed for the mavic was interesting to see and the design is actually pretty cool.

Anyway, there are already many posts for mavic bags. I personally use very small cases that I can literally fit in any other bag ;) That's the best for set up time.

a5f9c4efa7c3dee73da1c7de4218628e.jpg

For some reason I found that these actually took up more space than the more fly bag. It's nice to have them separated but there's nothing that compares to the compactness of having everything in that little shoulder bag

Interesting concept, but one of the big downsides for me is that this bag comes up short with storage for all of my other accessories. I not sure if I'm in the minority or not, but I like having everything with me... This would be a great bag for a short day trip, but for full on storage of all my stuff, not an option...this would have to be an add on add I wouldn't want to travel with this alone. My $0.02...

This is nice but i bought this one so it can fit any backpack or shoulder bag with at ease.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 32
I always thought my wife was bad but it appears some of her madness has rubbed off on me, I have about a dozen bags and cases now for my Mavic, all essential of course.

Good reason to buy another mavic or three ;)

Interesting concept, but one of the big downsides for me is that this bag comes up short with storage for all of my other accessories. I not sure if I'm in the minority or not, but I like having everything with me... This would be a great bag for a short day trip, but for full on storage of all my stuff, not an option...this would have to be an add on add I wouldn't want to travel with this alone. My $0.02...

Yeah I travel with the back pack bag you see with the carbon fiber pattern around $60 it holds everything including heli pad big blue multi charger 5 batteries, mini ipad and is semi waterproof ( the zipper is not) fits on my flight to Mex and Panama just great

If this bag was $75-90 would consider

I use a 40L dry bag that looks very similar in size to that picture and just throw the DJI fly more bag in there with whatever stuff I'm bringing, works perfectly and even a slot for a laptop/ipad mini
Do you have a part number or where you purchased your 40 litre bag? I plan to put the fly more bag inside it like you when I'm out snowmobiling this winter. I also have a foldable helipad and hope it fits as well.

Thanks,
Roy

Do you have a part number or where you purchased your 40 litre bag? I plan to put the fly more bag inside it like you when I'm out snowmobiling this winter. I also have a foldable helipad and hope it fits as well.

Thanks,
Roy

They are a dime a dz, woot.com is where I bought a 3 pack two sizes about $40

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143