DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange behaviour from mavic pro,please help!

Steveyg777

Reactions
I've been having some weird problems:

i click the return to home ( this could be at about 40ft up) a message comes up saying that "it is at 1.6ft continue landing?"

Also a problem with the fact that the drone will suddenly start ascending slowly on its own. if i pull stick almost fully down it doesn't do much/enough to make it descend, if i pull stick fully down it goes into landing mode and is the only way to get the drone to descend (and it descends really slowly like one foot per second if that).

please reply if you can help [emoji3]

I did notice a slight water mark on the rear vision sensor so can try to see if this makes a difference . this has been happening for a few weeks now and i have re calibrated compass and imu several times

Those issues can be resolved mid-flight by disabling the Landing Protection setting. You'll find that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Here are the usual cases where the downward sensors incorrectly detect the ground is near:
  • Something is dangling beneath the Mavic (e.g. a GPS tracker antenna)
  • A 3rd party accessory is installed beneath the Mavic (e.g. extended landing gear)
  • The sensors needs to be calibrated like this
  • The sensors are dirty and need to be cleaned
  • The sensors are damaged and need to be replaced (not a common problem)
In your case, it sounds like at least one of the downward sensors might need to be cleaned.

I forgot to mention that i installed a carbon fibre panel underneath that is supposed to protect the mavic too. It also has two metal pieces at the front of it. It does have holes cut out in all the right places (apparently) to keep out the way of sensors etc. Maybe this could be the cause. Maybe i shouldn't trust that people have tested their products properly lol.

I forgot to mention that i installed a carbon fibre panel underneath that is supposed to protect the mavic too
Yes, that is most likely causing the problem. Remove it and fly again to verify.

Reactions: Steveyg777
I dont like adding anything to the mavic the extra weight. Weight means the motors will work harder and your flying time shortened.

I don't recommend buying one in case anyone is tempted. It was supplied with cheap, weak screws which brings of in two of the mavics threads meaning in going to have to try and drill the remainder of them out before i can put the original screws back in! Chinese crap

I have exactly the same problem as steveyg777 - Mavic floats up and stick down puts it into landing mode. I don't have the carbon fiber bracket. The red x to cancel the landing is unresponsive in the app. I have to put the stick up to cancel landing. And then it floats up again.

Feels like an app problem to me.
This latest firmware has done nothing to help.

Sensors look clean. How does one reset Those?

Reactions: Steveyg777
well I'm happy to report that i removed that crappy underneath protection bracket, cleaned the sensors and calibrated everything i could find (gimbal, imu, compass, controller) and my mavic successfully flew without problem yesterday! [emoji3]

Thanks guys [emoji106][emoji108]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman