DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange object?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see the ground but on my monitor I can see it clearly lift up from the ground , but than those lights are strange as it does seem to change shape somewhat. But clearly you are saying there was no sound so that speaks in favor of UFO .
You say you can't see the ground but yet it clearly comes off the ground.. ( it comes from below) and at no point do i say anything about sound but, you are correct, there is no sound for this is the recording from the galaxy and not the drone itself so the sound is on.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Oh you took the video with your phone LOL cats outta the bag. You videoed your own drone taking off in the dark to try and spoof us :p

Wow, your clearly not following the bouncing ball... My drone is monitored by the galaxy 7 which means the galaxy 7 is what's attached to my controller and I use it as my monitor which also means it takes an internal video along with the drones video... Your dense!

Still looks like a light source reflecting off your lens that came toward you which would make it go up, and turned which would make it appear to come towards you.
Looks very digitized. Look again at 3:56 you turn the drone and at 3:58 you move forward according to the background lights. To me that's the movement of the
reflection coming towards you.fullsizeoutput_7bf7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Still looks like a light source reflecting off your lens that came toward you which would make it go up, and turned which would make it appear to come towards you.
Looks very digitized.View attachment 74685
It does do a twist or turn just before it leaves the screen. I don't understand that when you see the lights behind and below at one point those lights disappear and reappear as it moves past them like this light or object has a body to it.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Than you need to call for an appointment! By making this statement your calling me a liar and it's not appreciated.

Didn't call you liar. If anything I called you "Mr. Magoo". (And if you think it's aliens, I'd also call you "gullible" or "crazy"... but not a liar. You'd actually have to KNOW you were telling a lie to be liar. If you don't think that's a drone, you're just wrong.

Strange that peopme identify UFO to aliens. I said nothing about aliens. Simply that it's unidentified!
I believe that UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object....
Having spent a lot of time photographing in very poor light, often an object will appear on film as an aberration due to light being transmitted into the camera,( hence the use of lens shades) but hitting the side of the lens prior to landing on the sensor. A automatic lens will by definition open up to the maximum in poor light as well as the shutter speed will be longer, both or either, can influence what the camera records. Even when using my Nikon D750 at max aperture F1 and a speed of 1-2 seconds I have to wind up my film speed well over 2800ASA, I can still get "ghosts" especially if a relatively bright subject appears slightly off focus. DJI lenses though good, are no way near the quality of a DSLR (even the "Hasselblad" lenses looking at the spec's.
The problem is not unusual, but is a pain when it happens.

I believe that UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object....
Having spent a lot of time photographing in very poor light, often an object will appear on film as an aberration due to light being transmitted into the camera,( hence the use of lens shades) but hitting the side of the lens prior to landing on the sensor. A automatic lens will by definition open up to the maximum in poor light as well as the shutter speed will be longer, both or either, can influence what the camera records. Even when using my Nikon D750 at max aperture F1 and a speed of 1-2 seconds I have to wind up my film speed well over 2800ASA, I can still get "ghosts" especially if a relatively bright subject appears slightly off focus. DJI lenses though good, are no way near the quality of a DSLR (even the "Hasselblad" lenses looking at the spec's.
The problem is not unusual, but is a pain when it happens.
Thank you for specifying the definition of UFO. I wouldn't count out what your saying about the lenses flare except, at one point in the video the light or object has 2 lights behind it and under it, as it passes from left to right above those lights the lights disappear and then reappear as though this light or object has a body to it...

Didn't call you liar. If anything I called you "Mr. Magoo". (And if you think it's aliens, I'd also call you "gullible" or "crazy"... but not a liar. You'd actually have to KNOW you were telling a lie to be liar. If you don't think that's a drone, you're just wrong.
No one said anything about aliens and I'm all alone in the area and my drone was not more than 20' feet from me... I'm simply saying what your confirming "UFO, unidentified ".

Thank you for specifying the definition of UFO. I wouldn't count out what your saying about the lenses flare except, at one point in the video the light or object has 2 lights behind it and under it, as it passes from left to right above those lights the lights disappear and then reappear as though this light or object has a body to it...
I have seen objects in my camera go in any and all directions, as you move the camera the angle of incidence changes affecting the objective view, (Google: Peppers Ghost for an example)

No one said anything about aliens and I'm all alone in the area and my drone was not more than 20' feet from me... I'm simply saying what your confirming "UFO, unidentified ".

I identified it as another drone. Nice try at a viral video though. :rolleyes:

Ok, here's the video. I'm going to put up another one for all those who can't seem to catch the fact (which I try to explain in past posts) that there seems to be a body to this object. I will edit and point out a couple of strange things (other than the obvious).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic