DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe lights

Van Shteffy

Reactions
I have purchased strobe lights on ebay for my Mavic zoom about $35 each and just love them. Double side tape. Red and blue and blue. Red and blue facing front, blue on the bottom and back. They are so bright and can be seen in the daylight. Anyone have any bad experiences with them?

Yeah but at what distance? Blue is difficult to see in bright daylight once you get out too far. Same with red. White are far more effective at far distances.

Reactions: Thomas B
Where are they ?? :)

I have purchased strobe lights on ebay for my Mavic zoom about $35 each and just love them. Double side tape. Red and blue and blue. Red and blue facing front, blue on the bottom and back. They are so bright and can be seen in the daylight. Anyone have any bad experiences with them?
What brand? What kind of light?

Reactions: Bill combs
which strobe ?

He's not showing the Firehouse Arc III strobes. Not sure about this video but I could be wrong.
He's showing the Lume Cube Anti-Collision Strobes, I did a comparison with those VS Firehouse Technology... PS, they aren't as good as Firehouse, but I'll let you decide that. See our video below:

Great test against the white clouds.

You should try this from FHT AP . . .

That little dome throws light out very well, 5 hi intensity crees it is blinding !

Yet to try all mine out, but have one of these little Spark strobes, a set of duals (W, R, G), and an ARCII red / white.

I picked up some of those firehouse spark strobes just now, I don’t have part 107, but I figure even in the day it will help you argue long distance visual line of sight

shipping was free, spark is a bad namebecause of the dji spark though

I picked up some of those firehouse spark strobes just now, I don’t have part 107, but I figure even in the day it will help you argue long distance visual line of sight

shipping was free, spark is a bad name because of the dji spark though

Only got them for some flights . . . I may only fit them for 20 - 30% of air time, as I generally stay reasonably close.

I set up the MP, Spark, and various FHT strobes last night with velcro . . . in anticipation of some testing today, charged up 6 batteries, controllers, and all . . . of course it's windy and odd spots of rain outside, maybe this afternoon it'll clear and wind quieten a bit.

I sort of agree with you on branding name !!
If there wan't a Spark drone then it would be a brilliant name for a strobe, but with the DJI product it could be confusing.

Anyway . . . I can easily fit a Spark strobe on the back of the MP, but it WON'T fit on the Spark drone !!
Have a mounting on one side of Spark, where I'll use a FHT dual white, it may well be visible from a lot of angles, really throws light out, but if needed I'll just turn to located if needed.

My BIL has an Air, and I got him a Spark strobe for it too.
He was originally going to fit his on the back, upper rear over compartment there, but in the end I just recalled he may have changed tack on this and fitted his on top of battery(ies), where it does clear props easily.
Velcro tabs on all batteries for swapping out.

I'll double check on what he did, posted about mounting on another thread and may have to correct that for Air owners.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153