DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe Lights

Does anyone have experience with placement of the PolarPro strobe light on a Mavic 2 Pro? Would love to see pics on determining the best spot.
There are other strobe lights I'd recommend over the Polar Pro version, the Firehouse Technology ARC II, ARC XL and ARC V are excellent options. We will be developing some better mounting options for the Polar Pro strobe though, hopefully available late next week.

I think I located the best spot. Starboard aft arm. Doesn’t interfere with any sensors, vents, props.

Attachments

• A82AE2F2-73D6-4726-8965-5BEBA0C33967.jpeg
    A82AE2F2-73D6-4726-8965-5BEBA0C33967.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 117
  • B7B6A39E-2287-4723-A4F6-0813DF8B0AA1.jpeg
    B7B6A39E-2287-4723-A4F6-0813DF8B0AA1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Does anyone have experience with placement of the PolarPro strobe light on a Mavic 2 Pro? Would love to see pics on determining the best spot.
I agree with @DronePride about placement. One of the rear arms works perfectly and does not interfere with anything (camera, sensors, props, landing, etc...).

I like the PolarPro strobe a LOT because is is a nice complete sealed unit AND it comes with a a nice mounting strap that I can use on all of my drones! The problem with the FireHouse and others is that they always need some sort of mount that you need to get separately. If you have multiple drones, you end up spending more on mounts than on the strobes.

The strap is not perfect, but it still beats needing to buy separate mounts. The strobe itself is super bright and does a great job. I recently flew in total darkness and it was incredibly easy to see the drone.

Reactions: DronePride
I had gotten the Lume Cube drone strobe, nice and bright, but the only place i can put it is on top of the Mavic 2, which is good for seeing the drone from above, but does nothing to add to improving VLS of the drone. I JUST got the Polar Pro strobe, and it does fit nicely on one of the rear legs. I have mine mounted so that the primary lights are pointing backwards, not down for additional visibility. So, I now use both, the Lume Cube strobe for visibility of the drone from above, JUST in case, and the Polar Pro strobe so *I* can better see the drone.

I had gotten the Lume Cube drone strobe, nice and bright, but the only place i can put it is on top of the Mavic 2, which is good for seeing the drone from above, but does nothing to add to improving VLS of the drone. I JUST got the Polar Pro strobe, and it does fit nicely on one of the rear legs. I have mine mounted so that the primary lights are pointing backwards, not down for additional visibility. So, I now use both, the Lume Cube strobe for visibility of the drone from above, JUST in case, and the Polar Pro strobe so *I* can better see the drone.

I have found that to many lights bring just to much attention and to many phone calls.

This is why I advocate the Lume Cube on top as it lets other flying above see you but it also provides VLOS when you dip or pull back on the drone.
This allows for Recreational flyers to fly without making a big scene and staying safe.

I made this video a ways back but it shows how we use it to it fullest potential.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

I want to show another mounting option for the PolarPro strobe, this time it’s mounted on top.
3BFCD1FA-C631-4BCB-A53A-76FF9D958B75.jpeg

Attachments

• 9E20978D-C236-4D9F-930B-11A43659D189.jpeg
    9E20978D-C236-4D9F-930B-11A43659D189.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • FDCA6CDB-BF07-469F-8155-1D87DB46982B.jpeg
    FDCA6CDB-BF07-469F-8155-1D87DB46982B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have found that to many lights bring just to much attention and to many phone calls.

This is why I advocate the Lume Cube on top as it lets other flying above see you but it also provides VLOS when you dip or pull back on the drone.
This allows for Recreational flyers to fly without making a big scene and staying safe.

I made this video a ways back but it shows how we use it to it fullest potential.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

It is very visible when returning, I'd forgotten about that, but I want to keep it in sight going out too. I could dip it to see it momentarily though, but since I have the Polar Pro one, I'll continue to use it too. Most places I fly are very rural so there are few neighbors to complain. For the few I do have, hopefully I'll have no issues.

I have firehouse. Work well. Nobody complains where I live other than wolfs and bears. Nor sure why you would mount strobes on top though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27