DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe Placement

Conkris

Reactions
Has anyone used this location for strobe placement,,,,thinking of trying here or front on aluminum fins between sensors...good spot for view from ground ???

1640448909070.png

Visible from ground would depend on how far away the aircraft is from your location. May work. I’ve always just used front and back. See it coming and going.815D1D41-91EE-4825-99EF-BF82854F7E44.jpeg

I fly with 3 strobes during the day and 4 at night. During the night the top strobe is purely for collision avoidance so it can be seen from above. The bottom mounted clear strobe is so that I can keep track of where my drone is in the sky. The bottom mount is positioned not to interfere with any of the sensors. R/G helps with orienation, though I prefer red in front and green in back, which works better on my Mini 2. All in this photo are ARC V's though I tend to use smaller, lighter strobes on my Mini 2, the bottom often an ARC II.

1640454074407.png

Reactions: smfry60
Thanks. I’m flying a mavic pro as shown in my original post. I can fit a Arc V between the top Tiny sensor and the 2 larger sensors. My concern is that the light being too close will cause a sensor issue. I assume covering the sensor is definitely a issue. Rather be safe then sorry. Hoping someone has set up as pictured.

Last edited:
Strobe needs to be on top so it is visible from above. It is for collision avoidance. Anything else you put on there is just for you and has no legal basis so whatever you want to do is going to be OK.

Reactions: BBartol
Strobe needs to be on top so it is visible from above. It is for collision avoidance. Anything else you put on there is just for you and has no legal basis so whatever you want to do is going to be OK.
Link to where you find that information please?

Sorry, I’m confused. I there a description anywhere that explains the legal location of where strobes are to be placed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_