DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobes lights for MP4

jeplane

Reactions
There are multiple strobes available in the market, including some small enough for the mini.
Just curious to what you guys are using with what attachments…
Thanks

Pretty sure this Firehouse strobe is the one I am using. I bought it over a year ago but never really used it on my Mini 2. I have used it several times on the Mini 4 Pro and it works great. I have it mounted on the top with a small strip of velcro.

DJI Strobe Light

So even on top, you can still see the strobe?
I used to have a mount for a Spark, long ago, but it was mounted on the back legs, facing me as it was flying away. I was wondering if I should get the same thing...

I bought the Anbee RC Drone night flight strobes. There are 4 and I mount 1 under each motor at the ends of the arms.
$15.99 for all 4 at Amazon. See photo below

Attachments

• IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 29
I have Firehouse ARC V and Vifly. Vifly is lighter and less expensive. Firehouse is better sealed, if you plan to get it wet. Both are easily and securely mounted with a good grade of hook-and-loop fastener tape, aka Velcro.

Reactions: Valkyrie62
So even on top, you can still see the strobe?
I used to have a mount for a Spark, long ago, but it was mounted on the back legs, facing me as it was flying away. I was wondering if I should get the same thing...
Yes, I can still see the strobe, very helpful!

Another option.

Reactions: BigAl07
I use a ViFly in my original Mavic Mini. It is extremely bright. In the Florida summer sun, I mount it under the drone and use it during the day so I can see where the drone is in the intense sun. I got a 3D mount from Etsy.

I have a Mavic Mini 4 Pro coming and I plan on doing the same as long as I can get a mount for it.

I use a ViFly in my original Mavic Mini. It is extremely bright. In the Florida summer sun, I mount it under the drone and use it during the day so I can see where the drone is in the intense sun. I got a 3D mount from Etsy.

I have a Mavic Mini 4 Pro coming and I plan on doing the same as long as I can get a mount for it.

Velcro. Light, effective, inexpensive, and strong enough that the Marine Corps uses it on all sorts of combat gear.

Reactions: Cubatobaco
Keep in mind that the mini 4 Pro is only under 250 grams with the mini 4 pro standard battery, and even at that, just barely. You cannot use a mini 3 battery and remain under 250 grams, nevermind any other attachments such as strobes.
If you use ANY strobe you will need to register the aircraft and be a licensed pilot to fly legally at night.

Reactions: anonymouse
If you use ANY strobe you will need to register the aircraft and be a licensed pilot to fly legally at night.
Would you clarify this please. I have no “license” and last time I checked, I was legal at night. Someone changed the rules?

To clarify, to fly legally at night your aircraft must be equipped with appropriate lights. To do this to a mini 4 pro puts it in the over 250 gram category which means it must be registered and flown by a licensed pilot.

To clarify, to fly legally at night your aircraft must be equipped with appropriate lights. To do this to a mini 4 pro puts it in the over 250 gram category which means it must be registered and flown by a licensed pilot.
Maybe in Canada that is required, no license needed in US but over 250g will need to be registered

The lighting isn’t what I was attempting to get clarification on.
It‘s your comment regarding “license”.
I believe I clarified my response.

This is a multinational forum. Rules regarding lights and paper vary across borders.
The OP may not reside in the cold north.

Reactions: gulfstream4
This is a multinational forum. Rules regarding lights and paper vary across borders.
The OP may not reside in the cold north.
Agreed. My bad for assuming that every country required a license to fly a drone over 250 grams.

Velcro. Light, effective, inexpensive, and strong enough that the Marine Corps uses it on all sorts of combat gear.
Very true, the mount is cleaner but commercial grade Velcro won't let it go in flight.

I register all of my drones under my 107 anyway.

Reactions: TexasEric

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13