DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strobes?

For daylight, you definitely want the four-head unit - (yes they are more expensive, but have a look on the Firehouse site; they have deals on 2 packs!)

You'll want all WHITE if you are using in daylight and place them like so for total coverage. This will give you the max visibility.
Wouldn't you want them mounted on the bottom? How are you gonna see anything when it's at altitude?

Wouldn't you want them mounted on the bottom? How are you gonna see anything when it's at altitude?

No problem seeing the lights from those positions. These lights are very directional, esp. in the daylight. Meaning, the light goes straight back and doesn't radiate much -- the back and side lights are easily seen at any altitude.. the top light is visible when you are moving back toward home.

A light on the bottom would need to be more of a 360' "beacon" style. otherwise it would only be useful when it's almost directly overhead. Also, there's really no good place to mount them underneath without messing with the sensors or camera.

I do encourage people to experiment and find the best light combo and placements for your needs. It's a fun niche and cool to have your own UFO! :)

This has been my experience as well. Many failed FlyTron units and they were not very helpful :confused:.

The other nice thing about the Firehouse strobes is they have three modes: fast flash, slow flash, and solid.

Can somebody share a link for a UK supplier or US who will ship firehouse strobes?I’ve had a good old search in the past with no joy... thanks

Can somebody share a link for a UK supplier or US who will ship firehouse strobes?I’ve had a good old search in the past with no joy... thanks

I’ve also searched it only found them on eBay with shipping from us, if you have any luck finding a UK supplier lets us know thanks.

Flyguy - Thanks again and thanks for the photo! That’s the exact config that I was thinking might work well.One last question, why did you place one on top?

Flyguy - Thanks again and thanks for the photo! That’s the exact config that I was thinking might work well.One last question, why did you place one on top?

When the drone is heading directly toward you, the top strobe will be visible. I also fly a lot at night, so that top light helps a lot.

For daylight, you definitely want the four-head unit - (yes they are more expensive, but have a look on the Firehouse site; they have deals on 2 packs!)

You'll want all WHITE if you are using in daylight and place them like so for total coverage. This will give you the max visibility.

View attachment 57074

Does this positioning interfere with photos at all? (Do you get any of the strobe light washing out the photo, for example)?

Does this positioning interfere with photos at all? (Do you get any of the strobe light washing out the photo, for example)?

That's a good question. With the lights placed like they are in the photo I posted, no there isn't any wash. But... If you're flying at night, these lights will illuminate road signs and other reflective surfaces (even from 200' up!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut