DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strong aircraft inderference

Paramedic84

Reactions
Another thread for the same issue. New Mavic air and after I lift it in about 100 meters altitude it says that annoying strong aircraft inderference and start losing signal. I tried in 3 different locations with different surroundings and still same issue. I have no idea how to deal with it.

Any chance there is other wi-fi close by? The wi-fi from my GoPro will kill the range of my Mavic Air, messages start at around 20m.

On 2 of the locations it was impossible (a place with trees but open sky nothing in between and second an open stadium with nothing around also) I don't understand what is happening.

Other than the mobile device you were using to fly, did you have any electronic devices near the remote controller?

Did you try enabling airplane mode on your phone (or manually disable Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/cellular)?

Bluetooth was off wifi also off only data open so i could see stream of the Drone to see of course what I wanted to shoot

Try disabling cellular too (just rule it out). You don't need cellular service to see the live video.

Are you in the USA/Canada or somewhere else in the world? If you are outside North America, the drone defaults to CE mode which has much reduced transmission power. There is a way to hack the drone into FCC mode which will greatly increase performance.

I am in Greece europe area

You might want to do the FCC mode hack then. It will greatly increase your range. Just Google for Mavic Air FCC hack - it's easier if you use Android but I believe it's possible with iOS devices as well.

Yes, change to FCC mode and test again. Works wonders.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Try disabling cellular too (just rule it out). You don't need cellular service to see the live video.
Mr. Singer I tend to Loose signal/ weak signal on my rc to bird frequently, I do wear an Apple Watch, never thought of this, but can that affect the signal
process ?

Another thread for the same issue. New Mavic air and after I lift it in about 100 meters altitude it says that annoying strong aircraft inderference and start losing signal. I tried in 3 different locations with different surroundings and still same issue. I have no idea how to deal with it.
Is it possible that you are being jammed due to the areas you are flying in. Legit jamming across all channels....Dedrone is a likely or a anti drone service provider. Europe is deathly afraid of drones and have taken steps to control them in built up areas. You said a stadium, highly likely it is being jammed. Are you one of those people who fly where ever you want? Please try to find a legit area to enjoy.

Are power lines anywhere near you or even visible? I will randomly loose signal if I am within a few hundred yards/meters of high voltage lines.

Also, I think cell towers can interfere (at least that is my suspicion)

Reactions: Carb63 and M2Pro
Mr. Singer I tend to Loose signal/ weak signal on my rc to bird frequently, I do wear an Apple Watch, never thought of this, but can that affect the signal
process ?
Take off your Apple Watch before heading out to fly next time. It would be an easy test to rule it out as the cause.

Reactions: Thomas B and Carb63
I started to lose signal communication after i flew past high power wires, even when its at 400' - well above that line... i cant go an further past about 500' past that.

Its one i suspect that affect communication. Trees is other.

Theres few flight i cant fly past 1 mile but couldnt figure out what causing it lose connection...
Are power lines anywhere near you or even visible? I will randomly loose signal if I am within a few hundred yards/meters of high voltage lines.

Also, I think cell towers can interfere (at least that is my suspicion)

Happened to me too. It was way up there and heading out. My heart sunk. Haven’t had it a week yet. I hit return to home and it came back. Will try these suggestions.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven