DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strongly considering the mini 2 after a flight with the original

Dannyslam

Reactions
So I started with a mini and flew it for months. It was actually my starter drone. Upgraded to a MA2 and obviously the mini got shelved and only flew a small handful of times. Fun to take out and zip around with a little. However yesterday I was In town (capital city LOTS of interference) and it dawned on me that I had flown my MA2 miles out even in the city and never dropped signal. The mini did terribly yesterday! I couldn't even get out 1500 feet without completely dropping signal and losing video feed. I never really considered upgrading to the mini two until now with having the MA2. But having 2 capable drones would be nice especially with one being tiny.

My question being exactly how the MM2 completely blows the MM1 out of the water?

So I started with a mini and flew it for months. It was actually my starter drone. Upgraded to a MA2 and obviously the mini got shelved and only flew a small handful of times. Fun to take out and zip around with a little. However yesterday I was In town (capital city LOTS of interference) and it dawned on me that I had flown my MA2 miles out even in the city and never dropped signal. The mini did terribly yesterday! I couldn't even get out 1500 feet without completely dropping signal and losing video feed. I never really considered upgrading to the mini two until now with having the MA2. But having 2 capable drones would be nice especially with one being tiny.

My question being exactly how the MM2 completely blows the MM1 out of the water?
The reality is that there is no blowing out of the water except for being a stronger drone in the wind and being able to lift more weight which allowed us to make the Mini 2 Rescue Jackets.

With that said there have been issues with the Gimbal on the Mini 2 that the Mini did not have so that may be another update needed still. , but other than that your much better off to get another Air 2 that would be a power house.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

What is the need to fly out to such distances over a city?
Do you not have, in the back of your mind, the question what happens if something goes wrong?

Reactions: slup
...except for being a stronger drone in the wind and being able to lift more weight...
Can't see in what way that have anything to do with making a difference in handling a lot of WiFi interference ...

...My question being exactly how the MM2 completely blows the MM1 out of the water?
The major difference between the MM1 & 2 is that the later uses Occusync instead of Enhanced Wifi. Occusync are less prone to be affected by interference.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If you already have a MA2 getting a Mini2 is kind of pointless unless size and weight come into play.

What is the need to fly out to such distances over a city?
Do you not have, in the back of your mind, the question what happens if something go wrong?
Yes but I also like to test the capabilities of my drones so I know how they'll behave in highly congested areas. I've been that far out a handful of times. I retain VLOS any other time besides testing new drones or new updates.

Can't see in what way that have anything to do with making a difference in handling a lot of WiFi interference ...

The major difference between the MM1 & 2 is that the later uses Occusync instead of Enhanced Wifi. Occusync are less prone to be affected by interference.
The occusync is honestly what has my attention.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The reality is that there is no blowing out of the water except for being a stronger drone in the wind and being able to lift more weight which allowed us to make the Mini 2 Rescue Jackets.

With that said there have been issues with the Gimbal on the Mini 2 that the Mini did not have so that may be another update needed still. , but other than that your much better off to get another Air 2 that would be a power house.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.
My luck the MA3 would come out 2 weeks after I bought a 2nd one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser