DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Study for Drone Pilot Cert

I also used this resource. It was great having studied with the very same booklet that many test questions come from. Especially the questions regarding locating airports and other chart features. Felt almost like cheating, felt good!

I found this as a pdf for free I might download it then thanks

It's been a while since I've watch the video but in my recollection it wasn't that he didn't cover a particular subjected but didn't cover it thoroughly enough. I think he touched on most of the subjects but left a lot of gaps in explaining the subjects. Again, no one could cover the material in a comprehensive way in 1 hours and 43 minutes so I don't say this to slight Tony. But if you're to watch the video and have to spend 4 or more hours reading material MY PREFERENCE would be getting a complete on line course that's 5 ~ 6 hours long to insure I'm not missing any of the important material that will be on the test. Having graphics and other visuals is also helpful.
Thank you for your help!

I was gonna buy a book or app but people say don’t waste your money since it’s the same as Tony’s video and 3dr practice test
I just wanna know what to study and know for sure that it’ll be on test
Thanks for your advice my man
Hey all, would you please direct me to where I can find this Tony person video you're referring to? Thanks in advance!Thumbswayup

Any thoughts on any of the paid online courses? When did you use it or take it?

Hello Ladies ad Gentleman,

My recent thread I was talking about starting a aerial photography business and I’ve been studying, watched and still watch Tony’s video on youtube and did 3dr sample tests,
Anyone took the test recently? What was it like? Do you have any tips on how to study to ace this test?

Thank you for your advices already !
I spent the extra money and took the "DroneLaunchAcademy.com) course. Passed the test just this morning. First try. Got an 88%-- Most people might say not to spend the extra money but I felt it was worth it.

I bought the Airman knowledge testing supplement for sport pilot, recreational pilot, remote pilot, and private pilot.
Have not taken the test, also free app on line that you can download on your phone. This app covers 84 questions on regulations. 92 questions on National Airspace System, 67 questions on weather. 28 questions on Loading and Performance, 70 questions on Operations. The app is called Prepware Remote Pilot, I like it because if you answer incorrectly you can mark the incorrect answer. And, do more research, like the charts, for me is very difficult to understand. The Airmen knowledge book is around $7.00 dollars, and the app is free. Any way I can study, anywhere, don't have to be sitting in front of computer all the time. Oh, the app does give you the correct answer, and explains the charts. I still have a difficult time, may be a while before I take the test.

I used Tony's video and purchased the sample test questions. I also used the FAA study guide for more info on weather and airspace. Studied probably 10 hours over a week and got a 93. There were a couple seemingly random questions I had not seen, and I would expect the same. Pretty hard to "ace it", but not too hard to pass with a pretty good score.

I used RemotePilot 101, Jason Shappert's training site. After going through it twice, I took the sample test and then the real test. I missed just two questions on the FAA exam. When I went to renew my certification, I watched the videos again (once you join it's lifetime), took the sample test and took the renewal test, I missed just two questions on the FAA exam. Easy Breasy... FYI, you only have to get 70% to pass. You don't have to ace it.

Took the test last week and missed two; one was such a bone-head miss I am embarrassed to say. :rolleyes: I watched Tony's video and a few other videos on airspace, and used Remote Pilot. As Spitfire states, it has a lot of practice questions (and explanations) and you can take practice exams. I also read through some of Jonathan Rupprecht's site and did his practice test. The real test had some of the same questions I saw on practice exams, but many that were different. While there are those you just have to know, others can be thought through if you understand the material. And use the Testing Supplement your given. Don't just use it when it asks you to refer to it, but look at it and know ahead of time what is in it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69