DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid fun.

putz

Reactions
Quick story about having some stupid fun that almost cost me a few bucks. My son just picked up a new mini and took it out. I thought it would be fun to get some video of his mini with my MP1, so I took off shortly after him. As he was shooting a picture of my drone, I was hovering motionless, messing with a usb-c that has been giving me issues. My controller lost connection with my phone and initiated RTH. My son loudly yells "What the ( Mod Removed Language )are you doing?" apparently he was positioned between my drone and my LZ, I didn't witness the near miss, but my MP missed his mini by inches. It would have made one heck of a maiden flight.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is, he was watching me almost crash into him as I was getting pissed off with a cable I should have replaced months ago. It's funny that people are willing to drop a grand on a hobby, then continue to use a junk $5 cable. I have since ordered a new cable though.

Reactions: Gindra and Thomas B
He thought he was, but unfortunately was not. It would definitely be posted. On I side note, I don't like the app used to fly the mini.

Gm all. Can anyone recommend good cables ? Or what their using that has proved to have a longer life span.

I've been using a 12" polarpro cable for my iPad for almost a year now and it's worked flawlessly. My usb-c cable for my phone however has been a challenge. The cable from dji has failed, the cable from Samsung has failed, so now I ordered these. Time will tell. Screenshot_20200112-091636_Chrome.jpeg

I’ve lost a connection few times with my phone but it never RTH initiated on its own? I just flew it back by using the remote. Few times without VLOS but due MP awesome LCD info screen I was able to fly it back.

That's what kinda caught me off guard. We were up about 200ft and about 20ft away from the home point. When I noticed I was having cord issues, I started to mess with it and thats when my son started to yell at me about almost hitting him. When I looked up again, I saw my drone auto landing, but the controller was not beeping like it would with RTH. Whenever I had a bad connection between my phone and controller in the past, I was still able to fly, just no live feed on the screen. Some how I must have lost a connection to the drone also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr