DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stutter and Pixelated

oreddie

Reactions
I've reset my Mavic 2 Pro camera settings to "default" and am still getting lousy video. I'm using high end micro SD cards and internal storage gives the same result. Should I send it in for diagnosis/repair?

D:\Videos D Drive\Mavic Drone\Dembsky Reunion\4 July Lake Pepin\DJI_0350.MP4

I've reset my Mavic 2 Pro camera settings to "default" and am still getting lousy video. I'm using high end micro SD cards and internal storage gives the same result. Should I send it in for diagnosis/repair?
Probably not.
The usual reason is that the computer isn't up to the task.
Are you playing from the hard drive?

Upload something to YouTube and if it’s fine at 1080p it’s your computer.

Stutter Video

Here's a sample via YouTube. I describe my computers in the video notes but here's a copy. Thanks for responding!
Dell XPS 8700, Intel Core 7i4770 processor, 32 GB RAM, 64 bit OS and my new HP laptop with similar config except Core 5. Does the same when playing from high performance micro SD cards, IE SanDisk Extreme. Have reformatted cards but videos still stutter. Still pictures are fine.

Seems pretty smooth to me... even at 1440 on my 27inch apple monitor (MacBook Pro early 2013, i7, 16Gb RAM, all SSD) except for the fast yaw movements, but thats normal.

Reactions: Digitalpete
Son of a gun! It is smoother than what I see on my PC's. Thanks for the reply and I'll see what I can find that may cause it on my PC but not on YouTube.

Ed

Son of a gun! It is smoother than what I see on my PC's. Thanks for the reply and I'll see what I can find that may cause it on my PC but not on YouTube.

Ed
I would look at what you are playing back with, are you using VLC? I would also explore a system cleaner (bleachbit, system ninja) to remove temp files, if you use spinning disks, then defrag, etc.

You dont mention what you have for a video card on the PC... that could be a bottleneck too.

It’s more in you’re video card that’s more important - I just got a new system - i5 9600 - gtx 1070 - has no issues playing 4K let alone 1080p - uninstall VLC and reinstall it see if that helps - then try playing a video with kodi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+