DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuttering video...SD card

Hiwayman

Reactions
Recently acquired a Mini 2 but this observation may apply to all drones.
I noticed that the video was stuttering occasionally and suspected an issue with the aircraft. It appeared on the live link while recording and on the video footage played after landing.
I decided to try a new SD card and the problem appears to be solved. I can understand a faulty SD card creating issues on the playback but was surprised that it showed on the live link whilst flying.
I continue to learn ?

Reactions: pelagic_one
All SD cards are not created equally. There are different classes of SD cards that are built to record and playback at various read/write speeds. This is a card that came out of my Mini2. You can see that inside the large "U" is the number 3. I'm not sure what the specifications are (I forget) but the marking indicates that it has sufficient read/write speed for both my Mini 2 and Mavic 2. I also have some cards that have a "1" inside the U which would probably cause the stuttering issue in those two drones but worked perfectly well in my Mini 1. I have other purposes for them and use them like USB flash drives.

1613607187266.png

All SD cards are not created equally. There are different classes of SD cards that are built to record and playback at various read/write speeds. This is a card that came out of my Mini2. You can see that inside the large "U" is the number 3. I'm not sure what the specifications are (I forget) but the marking indicates that it has sufficient read/write speed for both my Mini 2 and Mavic 2. I also have some cards that have a "1" inside the U which would probably cause the stuttering issue in those two drones but worked perfectly well in my Mini 1. I have other purposes for them and use them like USB flash drives.

View attachment 124007
Thank you....I should have added that the card was a SanDisk Extreme Pro card, so I didn't expect it to be a problem spec wise. ☹️

Reactions: pelagic_one
Recently acquired a Mini 2 but this observation may apply to all drones.
I noticed that the video was stuttering occasionally and suspected an issue with the aircraft. It appeared on the live link while recording and on the video footage played after landing.
I decided to try a new SD card and the problem appears to be solved. I can understand a faulty SD card creating issues on the playback but was surprised that it showed on the live link whilst flying.
I continue to learn ?
Just a thought if now the live screen & SD stuttering were connected ...

If the "stuttering" you saw on the live screen actually was shorter disconnects it may be shown in the SD card recording depending on how fast you were flying ... this as disconnects mean that the AC tries to break & go to hovering & following failsafe, if flying fast the pitch angles can be rather large & can make the gimbal go into the end stops ... which then will be visible in the footage. Even the slowdowns going in for hovering can be seen if closer to ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54