DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SUAS Level I Thermography Certification

Aerovision720

Part 107 Certified
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I would like to get my SUAS Level I Thermography Certification. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have a M2EA.

Sorry I can’t help you but @BigAl07 should know .👍

Reactions: zeusfl
I would like to get my SUAS Level I Thermography Certification. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have a M2EA.

IIRC Florida Drone Supply had some helpful information. I would reach out to them.

Reactions: dirkclod and zeusfl
@Aerovision720 you might look/or join our sister forum
Look down the sections and you will several subsections on thermal. Might be some info that would interest you.

I just signed up for the ITC online 4-day training course through Monroe thermal. I also have the m2ea and just ordered the m30t

A big step up in capability there, you've got some plans for some interesting work I'm sure.
Looked at the M30 a bit last night online, a really sweetly put together package.

A big step up in capability there, you've got some plans for some interesting work I'm sure.
Looked at the M30 a bit last night online, a really sweetly put together package.
It is a big step and I'm actually not really sure yet what I'm going to do with it but I'm exploring options. I just hope this isn't like other DJI releases were the first 6 months of a new release is a nightmare. I'm hoping that they have some of the bugs worked out in that this will be a bit more stable..

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I enjoyed reading all the feedback. It has been said that if you have a question probably others have the same one. This is Mavic Pilots Forum at its best! Sharing and caring.

Is the "sUAS Level I Infrared Thermography Certification" a stand alone Certification that will get you somewhere? What I am curious about are the "non-sUAS" ground bound thermal certifications 1, 2 & 3 needed. Meaning is a client going to want both or is the sUAS stand on its own as a complete skill set/product that is marketable. Are there any other sUAS Thermal Certification levels available/needed?

I guess an analogy is Real Estate Photography with the photographer doing the ground based shots as well the drone shots. I do not know enough about it yet.

Reactions: Robinson Kreutznaer
I just signed up for the ITC online 4-day training course through Monroe thermal. I also have the m2ea and just ordered the m30t
How was the course? I'm looking at getting involved in mapping, inspections, and thermal with a Mavic 3T and this seems like a solid course to start with. What other equipment would you recommend besides the Mavic 3T?

I just finished the virtual course today. It was excellent! The instructors were awesome and full of knowledge! ITC uses at least two instructors per class to keep things lively. Both were extremely experienced Level-3 thermographers. Their knowledge of the industry was worth the price of admission alone. The certification exam at the end was legitimate! I am a Professor of aviation and a researcher for the FAA and NASA; I took the class as part of my ongoing professional development. This is one of the best courses I have taken in years. Make sure you study for the exam. As I mentioned, the two-part Certification exam was no joke!
Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard