DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly having Lag/video pixelation? Fixed!

To make matters worse, anyone running the beta version of Android P can only use the .21 release, which has all sorts of video issues.

I thought I might try Litchi, but it won't even start under Android P. Hopefully compatible versions for both apps will soon be released and solve this problem.

i did update to the latest firmware, flew through 2 batteries, stayed within 1000 ft and did NOT get any pixelation. Only 1 "compass error move drone". Was thinking to explore Litchi but now..... who knows..... DJI we need your help....
Hope those with problems keep posting till solved... I will fly more this week end.

Have anyone found the proper way to replace DJI go4 .20 and install .16.I can't find DJi .16 at the Play Store. I can go to APKmirror.com but that will install the previous version on the computer. I need to install it in my Galaxy S tab 8.4 ???

I tried this fix last night and after a fresh install of 4.2.16 it seems to be having trouble connecting to device. I'll try again in morning when both me & the bird are fresh. App installed fine so I don't think it's that- Samsung Tab A kernal 3.10, Android 7.1.1 model sm-t350. I've had the Tab A working fine for almost a year until the pixalation issue w/4.2.20. Wish me luck
BTW- has anyone else noticed the newest DJI update will NOT allow you to re-install an old version any more?!?! MF.

^ yeah DJI has been dead silent on these issues since after 4.2.16. They don't give a ratsass about Android. Good thing is now there are IOS devices reporting issues with that hunk of shii they call an app. I've bought several items from DJI and they worked well up until the added the Mavic Air. Had some slight issues after the Spark, but none as bad as this crap. Damned Mavic Pro used to be awesome, now it absolutely sucks. Even my Ipad Mini 4 is getting those zebra stripes others are seeing. DJI contacted and they have no answer.

Going to order an Evo

^ yeah DJI has been dead silent on these issues since after 4.2.16. They don't give a ratsass about Android. Good thing is now there are IOS devices reporting issues with that hunk of shii they call an app. I've bought several items from DJI and they worked well up until the added the Mavic Air. Had some slight issues after the Spark, but none as bad as this crap. Damned Mavic Pro used to be awesome, now it absolutely sucks. Even my Ipad Mini 4 is getting those zebra stripes others are seeing. DJI contacted and they have no answer.

Going to order an Evo
DJI doesn't care about our Android issue. I'm not sure if we are having a language translation issue or ignorance to the number of DJI customers that do not want to switch to Apple. If they continue on their current flight path, this is the beginning to the end of their dynasty. Autel is looking pretty good.

Have anyone found the proper way to replace DJI go4 .20 and install .16.I can't find DJi .16 at the Play Store. I can go to APKmirror.com but that will install the previous version on the computer. I need to install it in my Galaxy S tab 8.4 ???
JRMRZ- go to the apk mirror with the S tab and in downloading the apk it will give you an option to install (My Tab A did)

DJI doesn't care about our Android issue. I'm not sure if we are having a language translation issue or ignorance to the number of DJI customers that do not want to switch to Apple. If they continue on their current flight path, this is the beginning to the end of their dynasty. Autel is looking pretty good.
I think the DJI site and DJI official FB group gets 10-15 of these posts per day. "Why is my video so bad when it worked before"

DJI responds with that list of devices they recommend, and the device is often Listed!! I wonder if they even read the posts? lmao
Friend of mine called them up. They were asked to check things, startup app, MP etc. He tries to tell them hey man it happens when you fly it! They kept telling him to check things when it was not even launched. Nobody is having problems until they take to the Air. Once they get it out and in the air, the video transmission turns to sh**

4.2.21 did not behave any better than 4.2.20 on my Pixel. I updated firmware, shut down and restarted everything and still get a lagging response from the controls and pixelated or green screen on my phone.
Same thing on my pixel.

After reading all of these, I'm glad I didn't update yet! One of these days they will release an update that has zero issues. Right???? :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jag32266- Thanks for you suggestion, I was able to download and install Go4 in it's .16 version. The Mavic Pro connected and seems to work indoor but as soon as I took it outdoors the screen only shows about 20 percent with the rest pixellated.

The best part is that I called DJI customer support and the fellow had me do a series of resetting the controller and craft and after this the unit would not connect at all. So customer service recommended I try with an I-phone or i-Pad. Just kill me! Thanks again.

I have a DJI Mavic Pro with a Nexus 6P. Drone is unusable with the Android. I rolled back to 4.2.16 and now it says NFZ (No Fly Zone). Has anyone else had that problem? When I use up to date software, it does not say NFZ. When I use Apple product, it does not say No Fly Zone. It only says NFZ on rolled back Android software. DJI Support is a complete joke. Hoping someone else out there can help.

JRMRZ- just backed down to 4.2.14 to see if that is better?!?! 4.2.16 did better for me but not completely- more like what results happened with you and 20% better but still pixelated. Used less than one battery I was so pissed off.
If the skies hold tomorrow I might try and see if *.14 works better for me. I will updtae.

Reactions: jrmrzMavic
I am not doing any better after the downgrade to .16. Now the control will not connect. Some time ago I saw a thread on this forrum about setting up android units. I will try to find and of course re-connect the controller and tablet as soon as I receive the new USB to android cable i just ordered. Since I am not about to buy an Aple product. Good luck to you, Jag

jrmrz- Good luck with your attempts. If I recall the setup links you mentioned are on the MavicHelp pages mentioned earlier in this thread and yes- they are specific to Android. I had done that exact thing myself while trying to setup 4.2.16 but I reset everything back to default in trying to iron out the fix. Might go do it again, myself. All the best

ps- Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) - Phantom Help

I contacted DJI again about my fail with 4.2.16 and they said 'Try 4.2.14 or 4.2.12'. Their support is awful and it seems like they are just guessing at this point. I have not found a solution yet. To anyone who has solved this problem with a Nexus 6P, I would appreciate any tips.

I contacted DJI again about my fail with 4.2.16 and they said 'Try 4.2.14 or 4.2.12'. Their support is awful and it seems like they are just guessing at this point. I have not found a solution yet. To anyone who has solved this problem with a Nexus 6P, I would appreciate any tips.
Just request a refund. I did!

I think the problem is widespread and simple, the updated software takes up too much RAM for the older Android phones to handle. I couldnt fly since June with my S7, as soon as I got my S9+ with extra RAM, my pixelation problems went away.

I think the problem is widespread and simple, the updated software takes up too much RAM for the older Android phones to handle. I couldnt fly since June with my S7, as soon as I got my S9+ with extra RAM, my pixelation problems went away.

That is interesting. I have a small iTouch without much memory and that works perfectly. I had assumed it was an Apple v Android issue. Any idea how much RAM you have such that your Mavic works fine?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21