DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly having Lag/video pixelation? Fixed!

I think the problem is widespread and simple, the updated software takes up too much RAM for the older Android phones to handle. I couldnt fly since June with my S7, as soon as I got my S9+ with extra RAM, my pixelation problems went away.

According to Wikipedia "Nexus 6P has 3 GB of LPDDR4 RAM" and the iTouch seems to have 256MB or 512MB or RAM. Am I making a mistake here? That would seem to disagree with your point. Have I misunderstood what you are getting at?

That is interesting. I have a small iTouch without much memory and that works perfectly. I had assumed it was an Apple v Android issue. Any idea how much RAM you have such that your Mavic works fine?
it work on iphone 6 with 1gb Ram and does not on nexus 6p with 3gb. Don't think it's memory related

Reactions: mattball
According to Wikipedia "Nexus 6P has 3 GB of LPDDR4 RAM" and the iTouch seems to have 256MB or 512MB or RAM. Am I making a mistake here? That would seem to disagree with your point. Have I misunderstood what you are getting at?
The RAM issue seems to be confined to certain Android phones, so something else is at play, for sure.

We simply can‘t compare a closed system (iOS) with an open one having to deal with tons of different hardware combined (android).
As much as many people dislike Apple for being strict / closed, exactly this is the biggest advantage of this devices.

This results often in „better performance and stability“, even with sometimes less good hardware than in some Android devices.

Anyhow, the issues lots of users seem to have with djiGo4 is a serious issue for the DJI programmers. Hopefully they will fix soon

Reactions: jag32266
We simply can‘t compare a closed system (iOS) with an open one having to deal with tons of different hardware combined (android).
As much as many people dislike Apple for being strict / closed, exactly this is the biggest advantage of this devices.

This results often in „better performance and stability“, even with sometimes less good hardware than in some Android devices.

Anyhow, the issues lots of users seem to have with djiGo4 is a serious issue for the DJI programmers. Hopefully they will fix soon
Explain why many with Mini 4's are having problems. Mine goes to missing chunks of video, then a green screen, back to normal, and then zebra lines when AEW is not active. Others have seen this as well on M4's.
This is a big problem with the App, not devices. Android users are rolling back to 4.2.14 or sooner and they are getting the video they had before uninterrupted. The app updates are trashing things for Android, and now some iOS devices.

People with rooted Android tablets that worked for almost 2 years now reporting problems with 4.2.21 App. DJI messed the app up, they need to fix it.

Reactions: jag32266
I just gave up trying to get DJI Go4 to work, even half decently!
Since i've switched to using Litchi for past month or so, no issues at all .
Let me know when a version of GO comes out that works will you.

Reactions: conchman
Explain why many with Mini 4's are having problems. Mine goes to missing chunks of video, then a green screen, back to normal, and then zebra lines when AEW is not active. Others have seen this as well on M4's.
This is a big problem with the App, not devices. Android users are rolling back to 4.2.14 or sooner and they are getting the video they had before uninterrupted. The app updates are trashing things for Android, and now some iOS devices.

People with rooted Android tablets that worked for almost 2 years now reporting problems with 4.2.21 App. DJI messed the app up, they need to fix it.

I also have an iPad Mini-4 (Cellular). As soon as i've thrown away the crappy DJI-cable and replaced by a high quality one, i did not have even a single pixelation or other issue.

Took the words right out of my mouth

Would you share the cable you bought? In site nanny would be curious. Myself included.
I had a complete disconnect during flight while HP started to constantly not set - on my new S9+ (which I changed bec of pixelation issues with my S7), then I changed to the USB center remote cable and all of a sudden everything works fine. Maybe DJI's own side RC cable cannot handle the new Go4 updates! DJI better get their **** together. I dont know what's going on but they seem to have some serious issues. Or is this normal?

OK! I give up. Old Galaxy does not work with DJI GO 4.20 nor .16 so what should I do? will the "I pad mini 2" , 16 gb. work or should I go for the 32gb. unit? I may be posting this MP for sale soom!

OK! I give up. Old Galaxy does not work with DJI GO 4.20 nor .16 so what should I do? will the "I pad mini 2" , 16 gb. work or should I go for the 32gb. unit? I may be posting this MP for sale soom!
I used an Apple iTouch after my Android failed and the Apple iTouch worked fine.

I had a complete disconnect during flight while HP started to constantly not set - on my new S9+ (which I changed bec of pixelation issues with my S7), then I changed to the USB center remote cable and all of a sudden everything works fine. Maybe DJI's own side RC cable cannot handle the new Go4 updates! DJI better get their **** together. I dont know what's going on but they seem to have some serious issues. Or is this normal?
It's called "they don't give a f***" because so many blame the users and the devices, especially when iOS is working and Android not.
When iOS has issues (and it has) then it's a pissing match DJI fix this yousuck thing.

It's like at Autel how many iOS people moaned and complained Autel sucks for releasing on Android and not both.

For DJI the groups stand by them so DJI feels no urgency to fix the pice of **** app. They don't need to say anything because their supporting users say it all for them. Which basically means "screw those other guys" and their devices, ours work fine! They need to all buy what we have!!

DJI has had this app totally ruined since around 4.2.16. 4.2.20 was the worst, adn 4.2.21 fixed nothing.

The wondrous experience of owning and flying a Mavic Pro is now very debatable. I think with it soon out of production, DJI just doesn't GAS if it gets fixed or not. They know people are rolling back to other app versions and for many it works. Why fix it?

Big companies know that SERVICE costs money. Updates and bug fixes cost money. Do they care if you fly your MP into a crowd when you lose connection? Nope! That's on you

Reactions: ted35
The RAM issue seems to be confined to certain Android phones, so something else is at play, for sure.

No, not a Ram issue even with more in the know app modders. On most devices, the Cpu load avg running Go4 is around 35% peaking. The Ram consumption of Go4 is avg around 480M, some less for other devices with different app settings. These devices with 1-2M Ram and 1.3 G cpus worked fine and still work fine on older app versions. The same newer app is crashing on devices with much faster cpu, and more ram. Even as much as 4G ram devices are encountering the problems.

This is a fault in the App coding just for android. To so many people, they are thinking DJI screwed the app up, and has no intent on fixing it. Many more users went and bought iOS devices when the Android fail after 4.2.16 started coming in big numbers. The repsonses from people on FB forums? "I'm not surprised! They partnered with Apple and Apple pulls that bs all the time!"

My answer for that is the CS is Android, and quite a few complaints there too. That suggests to me anyway, that the code for Android is botched. They are in zero zippo nada rush to fix it either. All DJI reps do at the DJI forum is post that old and out of date recommended device list. You tell them 2/3 of those older devices do not work, and they ignore you or ask if you reformatted your SD card.

***update*** ***update*** ***update***
I just updated the DJIgo4 app back to Jan. 2018 4.2.3 I believe it was (current is past 4.2.20 I believe) and took it for a flight out to the backyard. I'm happy to report there were no video glitches at all. Plan to charge all the batteries and give it a go tomorrow morning for a real flight- first in a month as this issue had/has me really bummed out over flying this thing.

I also concur with what Mattball is saying, android has so many different ways to go on so many different devices et.al.
++++ next day flying+++ ++++ next day flying+++ ++++ next day flying+++
So I did go out to fly today and got decent results. I do STILL have a small issue with the video refresh but it is MUCH BETTER and I can FLY NOW and see where I am. So I no longer have the concern of becoming disoriented and lost in my flying. The down grade to a Jan 2018 issue of the APK seems to have done it for me and my Samsung Tab A. I'm planning to get a new vrsion of a tablet ASAP. Check my sig to see the system I'm on bu it does seem 4.2.3 issued Jan 2018 has helped!!

Last edited:
Can anybody confirm that the latest updates work problem free? I am still running the old version and would like to proceed with doing updates. I use a samsung s7.

Works on Note 8, Note 9, Galaxy Tab 820 S3, Zen 3S tab10, Tab A 10.1, Nvidia Shield, Acer A3 50

Struggled with some lower ram units, but some cheapo tablets from China actually did alright. LLCorp or something like that. Under $100 4G ram and decent screen. Not very bright though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK