DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Summer is Over

Field of ‘flying’ dreams.

Been a little busy lately. Tentoes is not employed!
Hi Tentoes,
Hahahahahah you are really a funny Guy!?? You live in a unpeopled and amazing region, I like it! And of course I like to see you walking barefoot!? Do you still walk withouth shoes when it´s really very cold, in the snow? I read somewhere that walking barefoot is good for healt!
cheers Paul

A December day at the Tallgrass.

Been a little busy lately. Tentoes is not employed!
OK- I'll just mention the obvious. What is the point of not wearing shoes? I know I am not your mother but if I were your mother I would say, don't go out there and cut your feet all up without a decent pair of shoes on. I am anxious to hear the rebuttals on this one, which I expect will be a declaration of freedom from shoes. Why take the chances of cuts, infections, ankle sprains, bites, sharp rocks and stones, (ouch). Tell me your foot size and I will send a pair of sneakers to you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 9.51.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 9.51.26 AM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
Hi Tentoes,
Hahahahahah you are really a funny Guy!?? You live in a unpeopled and amazing region, I like it! And of course I like to see you walking barefoot!? Do you still walk withouth shoes when it´s really very cold, in the snow? I read somewhere that walking barefoot is good for healt!
cheers Paul

And I mistyped. Tentoes is NOW employed, not NOT employed.

Well. I don't like sockies. Shoes without sockies are even worse. So, if it's cold, but sunny and dry, feet are bare. Snow is ok for a while. I don't think I'd go out for hours in the snow without boots. If there is a crust of ice on top of the snow that you break through on each step, you feel like the tips of your toes are getting cut off on each step.

Good for health? Well, I've never had athlete's foot.

I read a few years ago about a school that decided shoes were no longer required. They figured some of the students would not wear shoes, but very few of the students continued to wear shoes. A couple years later, they noticed that colds and flu were greatly reduced, and decided to investigate. Not only were the children not wearing shoes while they were in school, but they were arriving barefoot in all weather.

They were then sued by the ACLU.

Last edited:
OK- I'll just mention the obvious. What is the point of not wearing shoes? I know I am not your mother but if I were your mother I would say, don't go out there and cut your feet all up without a decent pair of shoes on. I am anxious to hear the rebuttals on this one, which I expect will be a declaration of freedom from shoes. Why take the chances of cuts, infections, ankle sprains, bites, sharp rocks and stones, (ouch). Tell me your foot size and I will send a pair of sneakers to you.

Oh, fear not. I have shoes, I just don't wear them. Ankle sprains are rare, for one thing, you pay more attention to where you put your foot. Stings, rocks, small injuries happen, but aren't much of an annoyance. I stepped on a burr yesterday. If you've been wearing shoes most of your life, I don't suggest hiking out in the wild like I do.

Sometimes the tops of my toes on the left foot get scraped. I occasionally drop that foot, and then it can get scraped on the top where I don't have really tough skin. If that happens wearing shoes, I can fall.

I go barefoot because I don't like anything on my feet, or hands. When needed, I put shoes on. That's mostly to be socially acceptable. I EVEN have a pair of heavy steel toed work shoes and a pair of warm winter boots.

Oh, fear not. I have shoes, I just don't wear them. Ankle sprains are rare, for one thing, you pay more attention to where you put your foot. Stings, rocks, small injuries happen, but aren't much of an annoyance. I stepped on a burr yesterday. If you've been wearing shoes most of your life, I don't suggest hiking out in the wild like I do.

Sometimes the tops of my toes on the left foot get scraped. I occasionally drop that foot, and then it can get scraped on the top where I don't have really tough skin. If that happens wearing shoes, I can fall.

I go barefoot because I don't like anything on my feet, or hands. When needed, I put shoes on. That's mostly to be socially acceptable. I EVEN have a pair of heavy steel toed work shoes and a pair of warm winter boots.
Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 2.59.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-06 at 2.59.58 PM.png
As an emergency room doctor in the USAF and a big city hospital (Michael Reese in Chicago) I have had the opportunity to sew these up. Be careful my friend.

Dale Davis, M.D.
Miami

Reactions: KingRat
Snow? One of the children I sponsor asked about snow last winter. Forgot I had this shot.

DJI_0190.JPG

A man after my own heart. I rarely wore shoes at school - only boots for rugby and cricket, but cross country and athletics I ran barefoot.

Back to the videoing - was that ALL shot on the drone? How did you do the leaves by the tree for instance and with the tree trunk so close? Thanks for any help you can provide.

And I mistyped. Tentoes is NOW employed, not NOT employed.
no problem Tentoes!
I once had a customer which went always on the way barefoot. He even went to trade fairs without shoes but wearing suit and tie, He was also a funny Guy?
cheers Paul

A man after my own heart. I rarely wore shoes at school - only boots for rugby and cricket, but cross country and athletics I ran barefoot.

Back to the videoing - was that ALL shot on the drone? How did you do the leaves by the tree for instance and with the tree trunk so close? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Some with MA2 and some with Osmo Action. The leaf falling, I set the camera on a tripod, and dropped a leaf in front of it. Took a few tries as the leaf wanted to go horizontal. The slightest breath of wind.

no problem Tentoes!
I once had a customer which went always on the way barefoot. He even went to trade fairs without shoes but wearing suit and tie, He was also a funny Guy?
cheers Paul

Well, I have a suit and tie, but right now, I'm in a plaid shirt, overalls and tennis shoes. You guys won't believe that. I'll take a photo.

Kindergarten and First Grade, I spent all day at school barefoot. If the teacher said, "Tentoes, get your shoes," everyone knew we were going somewhere.

The 2nd grade teacher objected most strenuously to barefoot undersized brats named "Tentoes."

My sports were swimming and gymnastics.

Shocking Photo.jpg

Living in San Diego I only wear flip flops on my feet, and the only time my feet are enclosed in shoes is for work. Haven’t had a job since March, so my feet are loving life right now! Although I would prefer to have a job, I’ll save that conversation for another day.

I am ALMOST jealous of you @Tentoes. Congrats on the job!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tentoes
Anyone ever watch "Duel Surviver"? One of them lives in mid-west and never wears shoes. Your feet adjust and develop callous.

At church when I was in choir we had a guest performer who always was barefoot. We decided to go barefoot for third service.

Anyone ever watch "Duel Surviver"? One of them lives in mid-west and never wears shoes. Your feet adjust and develop callous.

At church when I was in choir we had a guest performer who always was barefoot. We decided to go barefoot for third service.
I like that show for various reasons, but particularly because of the barefooted guy.

Third service. Is that of the day, or the month?

I'm the guy who stands behind all the rows way over on the left without his sandals and dances and sings LOUD. You simply cannot sing, "Out of the silence, the roaring lion, declared that death has no claim on me" loudly or passionately enough!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS