DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun Shade

Ferplexed85

Reactions
Hi all,

First post on here! Absolutely love the Mavic.

Anyway, looking at a couple extras for the drone. Has anyone used one of the below sun shades? Does it interfere with the camera at all (in terms of getting in shot)?

14194db2e2785b1c64dadafbff7aff8e.jpg

I got one, I've only flown with it a couple times but it usually only pops into view in P-Mode when you pitch forward when accelerating, it shows up as vignetting in the corners of the screen. I typically edit any sudden or jerky moves out of the final video anyway so it doesn't bother me.. I haven't done any testing whether it actually prevents prop shadows and flicker but I like that it also acts as a bit of added gimbal protection in case you land a little harder than ideal.

Reactions: Vilco
I use one that looks identical to that.I have put it on every time from day one.The main reason was to give the camera and gimbal extra protection.
I haven't noticed any issues with photos but please note I am a total novice when it comes to photography.So I probably wouldn't be able to notice any negative impact the shield would be adding to the image.[emoji106]

Reactions: Vilco
Thanks both. Will look to get one then! Main reason is for gimbal protection as the clear bulbous type one is rubbish for filming through. I only shoot 16:9 anyway so not an issue in that sense.

So my question is i have Taco filter already, would i still need the sun shade? or does anyone use both? or if matters to have one or the other? thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard