DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun Shade

Ferplexed85

Reactions
Hi all,

First post on here! Absolutely love the Mavic.

Anyway, looking at a couple extras for the drone. Has anyone used one of the below sun shades? Does it interfere with the camera at all (in terms of getting in shot)?

14194db2e2785b1c64dadafbff7aff8e.jpg

I got one, I've only flown with it a couple times but it usually only pops into view in P-Mode when you pitch forward when accelerating, it shows up as vignetting in the corners of the screen. I typically edit any sudden or jerky moves out of the final video anyway so it doesn't bother me.. I haven't done any testing whether it actually prevents prop shadows and flicker but I like that it also acts as a bit of added gimbal protection in case you land a little harder than ideal.

Reactions: Vilco
I use one that looks identical to that.I have put it on every time from day one.The main reason was to give the camera and gimbal extra protection.
I haven't noticed any issues with photos but please note I am a total novice when it comes to photography.So I probably wouldn't be able to notice any negative impact the shield would be adding to the image.[emoji106]

Reactions: Vilco
Thanks both. Will look to get one then! Main reason is for gimbal protection as the clear bulbous type one is rubbish for filming through. I only shoot 16:9 anyway so not an issue in that sense.

So my question is i have Taco filter already, would i still need the sun shade? or does anyone use both? or if matters to have one or the other? thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard