DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunset over the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Schuylkill River (2019-12-31)

Did you get the fireworks?

Did you get the fireworks?
I was thinking about trying. The New Year’s Eve fireworks are down at Penns Landing, not behind the museum like the Fourth of July ones are. But I can actually see the Penns Landing ones from my third-floor window (they had the kid friendly fireworks at 6 pm tonight), and with the drone in the air would surely have a great view those somewhat distant

I was thinking about trying. The New Year’s Eve fireworks are down at Penns Landing, not behind the museum like the Fourth of July ones are. But I can actually see the Penns Landing ones from my third-floor window (they had the kid friendly fireworks at 6 pm tonight), and with the drone in the air would surely have a great view those somewhat distant

Be careful tonight. I am out near Pottstown and we just had 30 mph gusts come through out of nowhere!!!! They usually head your way.

Be careful tonight. I am out near Pottstown and we just had 30 mph gusts come through out of nowhere!!!! They usually head your way.

I didn't go up again after I shot my sunset shots, but I can confirm that it was hella windy when I was up at about 4:30 pm EST. Hopefully we'll have some calmer days ahead!

NICE! Used to live in the neighborhood (big ugly building in your foreground), miss it a lot. Thanks for the great pics. Best wishes in 2020! Looks like your flying over Bishops Collar....making me thirsty and hungry if they are still there.

Glad I could bring back some memories! Bishop's Collar is, indeed, still there, and as popular as ever!

That big ugly building ("The Philadelphian") just kills by view of the city! At least it did until I got the Mavic Mini! :)

You're in Florida now? My dad spent about 20 winters down in Deerfield Beach/Pompano Beach, and I visited him just about every year. Love it down there!

here for work, we miss intelligent life forms...keep posting cool shots of that city and stay safe!

Reactions: douglas_in_philly
A few shots from a late afternoon outing on New Year's Day.

Center City Philadephia.

The Philadelphia Museum of Art.

Looking northeast from near the Art Museum.

Looking east toward New Jersey from the same spot.

Attachments

• DJI_0024.JPG
    DJI_0024.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
  • DJI_0026.JPG
    DJI_0026.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
  • DJI_0032.JPG
    DJI_0032.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
  • DJI_0033.JPG
    DJI_0033.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 8
Thanks for sharing, nice sunset and cityscapes.
My pleasure! I see from your "sig" (under your profile picture) that you're from Fairlawn, OH? I was just there last week. Well, technically, I was in Medina, but I went through Fairlawn. My sister and her family, as well as my mom all live in Medina. I visited them over Thanksgiving, as well, and did Black Friday shopping in Fairlawn at the Best Buy, Home Depot, Staples, and a quick run for dinner stuff at the nearby Giant Eagle. :)

Last sunset of 2019......

A couple views of downtown Philadelphia, as well.

Taken with Mavic Mini.

View attachment 89343
View attachment 89342

View attachment 89344
These are great pics! I'm across the river in Jersey. hope to meet some Philly flyers. Flew from Penn Treaty Park once but the
group disappeared. When weather breaks hope to meet up with some Philly Flyers. I have Mavic Air - Zoom. and Osmo Pocket which I'm tuning up for the flower show! LOL Will keep eye out on this tread!!

Reactions: douglas_in_philly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum