DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunshade AND Lanyard at the same time?

rangemaster728

Reactions
Looking for a sunshade for the SC and I really like the PGYTECH solution...BUT I also want a neck lanyard attachment that uses the same two bottom threaded holes in the controller.

Anyone found a good combination that works?

Looking for a sunshade for the SC and I really like the PGYTECH solution...BUT I also want a neck lanyard attachment that uses the same two bottom threaded holes in the controller.

Anyone found a good combination that works?
I don't know that exact unit/setup but I would guess that you could still attach picture frame d-rings either between the controller and the hood or between the screw head and the hood. You might just need somewhat longer screws???

I don't know that exact unit/setup but I would guess that you could still attach picture frame d-rings either between the controller and the hood or between the screw head and the hood. You might just need somewhat longer screws???
Here are some photos that show how the PGYTECH hood attaches to the Smart Controller:

Reactions: ff22
Seems that there would be an ability to add picture frame d-rings to that setup to allow a lanyard attachment.
You got it. That's why the OP created this thread ;)

Reactions: ff22
The PGYTech however, which I nearly ordered, seems to block a bit of the display if you hold your SC levelled, ie you need to tilt it a bit foward in order to see the top of it. Not really convinced with this solution as also the space with your thumbs and sticks is going to be limited.

It gets the job done. The lanyard rings look sorta nautical ;-) sunnylife, I believe.

3c6643469a0d503baa50fe14809afde9.jpg

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Thanks for the suggestions...in the interim I have the eyelets like pictured above, and they don’t interfere with putting in the case (I bought the Go Professional SC insert for the Enterprise case).

I’m still hunting for that ‘perfect’ solution for my needs.

The sunshade shown above, while it will do the job, appears to be a sleeve design that encloses the controller and I’m concerned about heat buildup in hot climates (even tho’ the SC has an internal fan).

The sunshade shown above, while it will do the job, appears to be a sleeve design that encloses the controller and I’m concerned about heat buildup in hot climates (even tho’ the SC has an internal fan).
Been using it for a couple of weeks now. Monday was 103, yesterday 105 degrees. The controller got warm, but not dangerously so. Two things that I have found as drawbacks: 1) Can't just slip the controller back into my case without removing the hood and 2) My fat fingers have difficulty touching the top of the screen (menu button AF/MAN focus).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803