Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Sunshade AND Lanyard at the same time?

rangemaster728

Reaction score
Loc
NW Oregon
Looking for a sunshade for the SC and I really like the PGYTECH solution...BUT I also want a neck lanyard attachment that uses the same two bottom threaded holes in the controller.

Anyone found a good combination that works?

ff22

Reaction score
Loc
pacific northWET
Looking for a sunshade for the SC and I really like the PGYTECH solution...BUT I also want a neck lanyard attachment that uses the same two bottom threaded holes in the controller.

Anyone found a good combination that works?
I don't know that exact unit/setup but I would guess that you could still attach picture frame d-rings either between the controller and the hood or between the screw head and the hood. You might just need somewhat longer screws???

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
I don't know that exact unit/setup but I would guess that you could still attach picture frame d-rings either between the controller and the hood or between the screw head and the hood. You might just need somewhat longer screws???
Here are some photos that show how the PGYTECH hood attaches to the Smart Controller:

Reactions: ff22

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Seems that there would be an ability to add picture frame d-rings to that setup to allow a lanyard attachment.
You got it. That's why the OP created this thread ;)

Reactions: ff22

globetrotterdrone

Reaction score
Loc
Europe
The PGYTech however, which I nearly ordered, seems to block a bit of the display if you hold your SC levelled, ie you need to tilt it a bit foward in order to see the top of it. Not really convinced with this solution as also the space with your thumbs and sticks is going to be limited.

globetrotterdrone

Reaction score
Loc
Europe
This and the heavy use of rubber reminds me on Scuba-gear. 😂
I am still waiting for some less visible mountings.

rangemaster728

Reaction score
Loc
NW Oregon
Thanks for the suggestions...in the interim I have the eyelets like pictured above, and they don’t interfere with putting in the case (I bought the Go Professional SC insert for the Enterprise case).

I’m still hunting for that ‘perfect’ solution for my needs.

The sunshade shown above, while it will do the job, appears to be a sleeve design that encloses the controller and I’m concerned about heat buildup in hot climates (even tho’ the SC has an internal fan).

PAW

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
NorCal & Southern Oregon
The sunshade shown above, while it will do the job, appears to be a sleeve design that encloses the controller and I’m concerned about heat buildup in hot climates (even tho’ the SC has an internal fan).
Been using it for a couple of weeks now. Monday was 103, yesterday 105 degrees. The controller got warm, but not dangerously so. Two things that I have found as drawbacks: 1) Can't just slip the controller back into my case without removing the hood and 2) My fat fingers have difficulty touching the top of the screen (menu button AF/MAN focus).