DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Super Moon 12/3/17 San Antonio, TX

TrooperDrone

Reactions
d91b2f8f05102d7847fbbf30f7beff47.jpg
bbea40acdcf1f8b541f0c9accd22043f.jpg

What settings are you using, I have never been able to get great night shots with mine.

What settings are you using, I have never been able to get great night shots with mine.
This shot was fully Auto, noticed the moon getting out of the car, grabbed the camera, braced myself alongside the car > zoomed in to full 60x and took the shot. I did reduce the saturation a little in Corel Aftershot Pro editor as the original was a little on the yellowish side.

Here is the same moon from Florida Nikon B700 60x optical zoom.

My next investment is a great DSLR but i know nothing about them.. taking moon/Sky pictures is one of the things I’ll be doing post with it when i get it. Haha.

Super moon from Lund in southern Sweden. Filmed with Sony PXW-X70. First part full zoom and second part x2 digital zoom, third part frosen still from second part.

Very nice were you using any type of filter for that ?
Manual 1/600, f=4, gain 0dB, no filter, 1920x1080, 50fps. I don´t remember if I actually used the ND-filter in the film, but I know I tryed it. The camera has in built ND-filter in 3 steps. Very usefull sometimes, just use the switch.
It´s all film, no still from camera. The first part with the smaller moon is full zoom, the second part (bigger moon) I add x2 digital zoom, the last part is a frozen frame, in post, from the lsecond part of the film.
The Sony PXW-X70 can´t shoot stills.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga