DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sure I did something wrong but I lost my Mavic Mini yesterday.

I just read the post & recently posted on Mavic site because I just lost my mavic 2 pro for reasons I don't understand yet. Is there a similar log I can find for my mavic 2 pro?? Sorry for butting in but I'm desperate. Thanks [email protected] also known here as aerialman in NC.
Same instructions but please start your own separate thread for your issue.

I had a crash yesterday near an office building and want to better understand what happened.

While I was taking some photos of an existing Construction site that I photograph every other week the drone started to drift.

There was no wind at all and it wasn't that high. It was probably 70 feet or so away from the office building when it started heading towards it.

I thought I was trying to guide it away but it wasn't responding. I do see from the log that the amount of satellites dropped as it got closer, but it still had signal. Why wasn't I able to control it?

The log is here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I've racked my brain trying to think of what could have caused this.

Any input appreciated.
It's on an inaccessible roof. I did what I could to retrieve it earlier today but just can't get to it unfortunately.

There haver been a couple of other times where my Mini has done this drift sort of thing - where I have great GPS connectivity - but it still seems like it is moving back and forth a little.

Sure makes you lose confidence in the device.
Ive had a simular issue with flying the mini. Actually have great video of what caused it that I didn't realize until I got home and throughly went over the the flight log because it scared the crap out of me. May I ask how tall the building is and is there another building next to it ? If so, it very well could have been the wind no matter how light the wind was everywhere else. When you get inbetween 2 tall buildings say 7 to 10 stories high the wind between those 2 building get very strong. Think of it as 2 huge bolders in a river. The might not be flowing very fast everywhere else but inbetween those borders its flowing very fast. Thats because all that water can't go through them so the bigger the obstacles are the amount of water that needs to get past now has to share the same space as the water that was a,ready flowing through so the force is doubled or tripled inbetween and I had never realized or thought about it until I was watching thee video. Because everything was perfectly fine until the very moment it reached the opening between the buildings and I fought with it until until that same exact same moment that it got to the other building. Even above a building is same way. The wind has to go somewhere so its taking the path of least resistance some inbetween the buildings and some over top just as it would if it were water. Im not sure if this was your problem I just remembered my experience that is now forever locked in in my head. I stay away from building all together now. Hope this helps in your future flights at least. Just keep it in mind. Iknow I need to but I never name my videos so they are hard to find on account I have so many from the past 4 years so it would take a long time to find it tdo show you but it was very evident of what happened when I was watching. The issue started and stopped at exactly at both corners of the buildings

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair