DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SW FL Fliers

Well, that's not very far from me. I would love to fly with u. My cell phone is 223-3790. Feel free to give me a call if you would like company.
I think Saturday morning will look good for me. I will go out to the Sports complex Saturday morning about 7:30 to see if anyone is around and give you a call.

I think Saturday morning will look good for me. I will go out to the Sports complex Saturday morning about 7:30 to see if anyone is around and give you a call.

Sorry Bill. My wife is having total hip replacement Saturday at SMH. Please keep me in mind for future weekends tho. Thanks

I'll be getting my Mav this week. I am a total noob and would like to fly with someone. I;m in Cape Coral

Reactions: Jaysjob
I'll be getting my Mav this week. I am a total noob and would like to fly with someone. I;m in Cape Coral
Dave, I would be glad to help you, but you are about 75 miles south of me. I am sure there has to be someone else closer to you. If you can't find someone, let me know and we can work something out.

Dave, I would be glad to help you, but you are about 75 miles south of me. I am sure there has to be someone else closer to you. If you can't find someone, let me know and we can work something out.
Thanks. I do get up to your area occasionally. When I do, I'll be in touch.

Got my Mav today!

Yay! Oh what a feeling huh!?
I know the urge is to pop in a battery and get airborne however, a saner approach would be to let the batteries charge while you bone up on the manual. There is a LOT to know about this little gem! The manual they provide in the box is so tiny for some reason but the manual is in the DGI Go 4 app and easier to read and bookmark info.

It was tempting to go out and probably crash it today, but I spent the day charging batteries, getting my phone to stubbornly work with the controller, updating firmware (it would not do it with the Go4 app...so downloaded the assistant program and gotter done). I also downloaded the manual in a PDF file on my laptop so my weak old eyes could actually read it and watched a dozen or two videos and tutorials.

I did make two very short flights...well liftoffs actually...indoors. I just used the auto take off, spun it around a few times and landed. I just had to see it get off the ground.

Tomorrow I'll do some low level flights in my yard to get comfortable with the controller and play with a few of the flight features. Then I can finally concentrate on the camera.

This does have a rather steep learning curve but I'll take it slow, step by step. Hopefully in a few days I'll be ready to take her out for a real flight.

I have one month to get reasonably good at this because I am going to the Dominican Republic to a rather wild and beautiful area full of jungles and waterfalls in order to visit a mine that produces a fairly rare gemstone.

It will be a challenge, but well worth it!

Haha! I know what you mean David! You made the smart choice though. [emoji23]
Glad you're getting it all sorted. It is rather steep in parts but you don't have to know it all at once. It's weird because once you get comfortable your brain kind of flips over and you do a lot better with the orientation. If you're trying the tracking features or RTH stuff keep a finger over that pause button. It's saved me a few times when trying new features. Check your height and distance limits (in meters. No way around that) especially after you update the firmware because everything can reset.
Maybe let's get together and fly if you would like after you've had a chance to play a bit?
Be safe and have fun!

I'm in Sarasota near Siesta Key. I would also love to join up.

Were u flying ur mavic the other day near Snake Island in Venice? Don't know too many Mavic owners here and my buddy was at Snake Island and saw someone's drone flying around them. He thought it was me but I was home doing some yard work.

I would love to hook up with you and fly sometime. Jamgabby is from NYC and has a 2nd home here in Venice. He will be down after April 22 and wants to fly together. If you want to join us you are welcome to.

My cell # is 941-223-3790. Feel free to contact me via call or text.

Regards,
Frank

As well as me Bill. Dave if we set something up maybe we can get a bunch of us to meet somewhere and we can fly together.

Hey guys, I'm in Ft Myers, I just got a Mavic to add to my fleet of P3P, Inspire 1, P4P. I try and get out fly most weekends, give me a shout if anyone wants to get together.

Reactions: Jaysjob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU