DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SW FL Fliers

Hey guys, I'm in the Fort Myers area looking to get some information about drone repairs, is there anywhere/ anyone you all know of locally?
Thanks

Check Florida Drone Supply, right down the street from you as others have said,

you can also ask forum member ThunderDrones who has parts and does repairs

Other than that DJI is where you will end up

There are a number of flyers in SW Fla. It would be good to meet and fly with others, maybe something can be organized? Maybe we could enlist Florida Drone Supply who is in the SW area to set something up fly, discuss new product lines and buy accessories from them.

Count me in!

Hello everyone,
For many years I used to fly R/C planes and I used to belong to a local radio club here in Sarasota, FL. Having been retired from flying planes for a few years, I have jumped into drones. After buying my Mavic Mini, I am surprised by the layers of regulations. I am reading and watching videos to research regulations that impose limitations on this hobby. The FAA regulations are very clear, but I am confused and concerned about the imposition of local regulations, especially where I am allowed to fly, or not. The few apps that I have don't show the local restrictions, only the FAA.
I am interested in joining anyone or group to fly together and learn more about this hobby in the Sarasota surrounding area. Thanks

IMHO the only regulations that can be enacted locally is limiting where you can take off and land on public property.

The National Air Space starts at the tops of the blades of grass and the ONLY people who can make rules about that space is the FAA.

There are limits put in place by the FAA for certain areas and events ( Division 1 football, areas around stadiums for NFL and MLB games), prisons are asking the FAA to restrict operation near and over their facilities for security reasons, areas near where POTUS and other VIP's will be are done via NOTAMS, Flying in Class B and other controlled airspace, etc etc etc, but the case that defined that local laws held very little if any weight was when Newton MA tried to enact local laws and were promptly sues and they had their arses handed to them in Federal Court.

If you really want the full sUAV experience, test for a Part 107 license, that gets you around some of the FAA rules for notification of every airfield and helipad in a 5 mile radius of your operating area for example. I am 2.2 miles from Pine Shadows (94FL) and my Part 107 allows me to fly over my property without having to make the attempt to notify them.

Any local SWFL folks remaining here, flying together?
Not seeing much traffic here, there's a new facebook group: SWFL Drone Pilots & Enthusiasts

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut