DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swelling batteries

This is basically DJI knowing theres an issue and papering over the cracks with multiple mitigations.

The auto discharge wouldnt be an issue if like the M1 you could reset the counter by simply turning the battery on and off again. That doesn't work on the M2.

I operate in remote places with relatively unreliable power and also have to have a drone ready in case of something unexpected (Whales, dolphins, elephants etc). Not being able to keep a battery at instant readiness is annoying to say the least.

To cover up bad chemistry they're taking all the user control out of the battery and forcing it onto a high-lifespan but inconvenient profile that isnt suitable to most.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
This is basically DJI knowing theres an issue and papering over the cracks with multiple mitigations.

The auto discharge wouldnt be an issue if like the M1 you could reset the counter by simply turning the battery on and off again. That doesn't work on the M2.

I operate in remote places with relatively unreliable power and also have to have a drone ready in case of something unexpected (Whales, dolphins, elephants etc). Not being able to keep a battery at instant readiness is annoying to say the least.

To cover up bad chemistry they're taking all the user control out of the battery and forcing it onto a high-lifespan but inconvenient profile that isnt suitable to most.
Couldn't agree more! Let the user decide what their own priority is! I would happily replace my batteries annually for batteries that remained at 100% when I want them to for 10 days at a time, like the original Mavic 2 batteries. New Mavic 2 batteries have no user control over the 24 hour discharge to 96% and 5 day discharge to 72%! Batteries are an item of consumption, and prolonging their lives by crippling their use is simply foolish! Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse behind! Living to a 100 in a nursing home is no way to go out!

I often do multi-day hikes and treks, i have enough batteries for the trip but NOT if i have no way of stopping them depleting before i can use them.
Mavic 1 was easy - just toggle on/off and it resets the countdown clock.

Previous use i have 6 batteries, i liked to keep ONE fully charged as an immediate use and the others in storage charge. I'd cycle through these so no one battery was hammered with always being charged. Its a system that worked for the batteries and worked for me.
The new DJI drones and firmwares take that option from me.

(Likely end of thread, forum ban coming up once moderators crawl out of bed)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll