DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swellpro SplashDrone 4

After watching the video would you buy 2 drone ?

• Total voters
Looked into this brand a year or more ago for operating off ships, but I recall the range was shorter. This new version shows a 5km range which makes it more attractive with the waterproofing.

The Splash was my first Ever Drone. As much as it was designed for the water , its entire focus was on Fishing , and Rescue , but not so much on the Cinematic value.

It was also a beast of a drone which by design is the Reason why it floats.

Its hard to beat the DJI Drone as it offers the quality and support we want and if geared up with the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket add the extra Functions to give the Splash 4 a run for its Money. $$$

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

Reactions: PepperBird
I'm taking notes on this drone. Flying it in wet weather conditions to me is a game changer. And what I also like that the cameras are interchangeable

Well done video. I would consider the drone but would want some real user feedback. The key for me is the photo/video quality on a stable platform. A discussion of the camera image quality with examples may further entice a future owner. I don’t fish.

The Splash was my first Ever Drone. As much as it was designed for the water , its entire focus was on Fishing , and Rescue , but not so much on the Cinematic value.

It was also a beast of a drone which by design is the Reason why it floats.

Its hard to beat the DJI Drone as it offers the quality and support we want and if geared up with the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket add the extra Functions to give the Splash 4 a run for its Money. $$$

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
Tested!!! Rescue Jacket!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2250.jpg.jpg
    IMG_2250.jpg.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I own a Mavic Air 2 and a Splash Drone 4. The last I bought for flying from my boat without warring about the water. I'm quite new into flying, but MA2 never let me down, no problems at all, while with the SD4 I always get into troubles. The signal between the drone and the remote controller drops unexpectedly even the distance is less than 20 m and I have it in sight. Can't go out and fly the drone in GPS mode cause for some reasons it doesn't find any satellite even though in same place other times it did. Restarting doesn't seem to help. Landed it in water the first time resulted in camera drowned. The SD card rubber lid is very easy to lose. The rubber/silicone isolation on the back of the camera is sticking to the protection box. I had to buy a new camera which costs same as my MA2 brand new. Don't know exactly if it was me landing to abruptly into the water or the lid or the isolation drowned it. Can't figure out how to see if the smoot+ mode is active. And the list can continue. For me, as a beginner, is a hassle. And the waterproof + cargo features isn't justifying the price, it lacks loads of other features MA2 has.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I own a Mavic Air 2 and a Splash Drone 4. The last I bought for flying from my boat without warring about the water. I'm quite new into flying, but MA2 never let me down, no problems at all, while with the SD4 I always get into troubles. The signal between the drone and the remote controller drops unexpectedly even the distance is less than 20 m and I have it in sight. Can't go out and fly the drone in GPS mode cause for some reasons it doesn't find any satellite even though in same place other times it did. Restarting doesn't seem to help. Landed it in water the first time resulted in camera drowned. The SD card rubber lid is very easy to lose. The rubber/silicone isolation on the back of the camera is sticking to the protection box. I had to buy a new camera which costs same as my MA2 brand new. Don't know exactly if it was me landing to abruptly into the water or the lid or the isolation drowned it. Can't figure out how to see if the smoot+ mode is active. And the list can continue. For me, as a beginner, is a hassle. And the waterproof + cargo features isn't justifying the price, it lacks loads of other features MA2 has.
We started with the Splash drone , and I was very hesitant to post my experience with it seeing that I designed and engineered the Wet Suits and the Rescue Jackets, for the DJI drones . but your Review was very close to what I experienced with the Splash Drones.

Thank you
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs