DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching from video to photo

NeVeR

Reactions
I just got the mini 2 and had it out testing it.

I started recording a video.. Stopped it and tried to switch to take a photo using the button on the controller.. But it wouldn't let me. I can't fully remember the message on the phone screen.

Should I be able to switch from video to photo etc.

Thanks

I just got the mini 2 and had it out testing it.

I started recording a video.. Stopped it and tried to switch to take a photo using the button on the controller.. But it wouldn't let me. I can't fully remember the message on the phone screen.

Should I be able to switch from video to photo etc.

Thanks
The button is used for both video and photos. When you stop the video, unless you first change to photo mode on the screen, it assumes you want to start another video. Use the onscreen buttons instead, if you find it too confusing. The button action starts whatever mode is currently set in the app, which will be the last used action, unless you first change it.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for the reply.

I thought there was 2 buttons on the controller related to video/photos.

One trigger across where the phone sits on the right which will start and stop the video or take a photo.

And one on the front top/right to change between video and photo?

Thanks for the reply.

I thought there was 2 buttons on the controller related to video/photos.

One trigger across where the phone sits on the right which will start and stop the video or take a photo.

And one on the front top/right to change between video and photo?
I've never used the button on top right, just the one on the screen. Probably best to try and replicate the situation on the ground with the motors unarmed, and see what the message says when it won't let you switch to photo mode after stopping the video. In any event, using the onscreen toggle works to switch from video to photo.

Do you have an SD card in the AC or is it full? Is internal storage also full? I believe if there's no storage available it will simply rely on cache video.

That or it was coincidence that one storage got filled and prompted to switch to the other.

You may need to wait a few seconds after stopping a video recording before you can switch modes.

You may need to wait a few seconds after stopping a video recording before you can switch modes.
Yup. After shooting video or even a photo, you need a bit of time to pass to allow the SD card to complete processing/saving the file. Then the button on the front - top right - of the controller should allow you to switch.

Also, this button will not work if you are actively recording a video. Sometimes you think you are not recording video, when you are.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore