DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Synching p/v to phone

msenjur

Reactions
First, let me introduce myself... i come from slovenia, and i got my mavic pro 3 months ago. I like to make videos, and also photos...

I found a lot of answers here, its a really good forum.

Now i have few questions...

How long does it take that mavic copy photos to phone? Sometimes they are right there, but sometimes there is no photos, and show up after a while... in they still dont show up, i go to settings, and reactivate auto synch to phone... but i would like that mavic would synch without such problems.

How does mavic create RTH point? Sometimes i get message that rth is updated and saved, but sometimes i dont get that message... how could i know what is the rth status?
How could i set it to make rth point where im/remote controler? I often move around, and i wouldnt like to rth where i start flying...

Thanks for answers...

How long does it take that mavic copy photos to phone? Sometimes they are right there, but sometimes there is no photos, and show up after a while... in they still dont show up, i go to settings, and reactivate auto synch to phone... but i would like that mavic would synch without such problems.

The 'usual' method of getting at your photos and videos is to remove the uSD from the Mavic and copy them across to your computer using a uSD card reader but, with that said, you can download individual photos and videos to your phone via the GO4 'play' library page, just touch the download icon at the bottom when viewing the photo/video*. You can use any photo/video viewing app to view/play them. The actual files downloaded using this method are located in <storage>DJI>dji.go.v3/DJI Album. Copying from uSD is by far the fastest; with a USB3 reader downloading 10's of GB's would take just a couple of minutes - individual photos would be effectively instantly transferred.

*Note only 720p & 1080p videos and JPEG photos can be downloaded using this method, for higher resolution videos and RAW photos, you'll need to use the 'usual' method.

Another method is to connect your PC/Mac to your drone's USB port, this results in the uSD card being presented as a removable drive and you can access the original photos/videos via file explorer or finder. This is generally a lot slower than reading the uSD card (USB2 speeds).

You can also 'cache' photos** and videos** automatically if you select the 'Auto Sync HD Photos' in the camera settings menu and 'Cache Locally When Recording' in the general settings menu. As above, cached images and videos are available to view on your phone using any photo/video viewing app and are actually stored in <storage>/DJI/dji.go.v3/CACHE_IMAGE and <storage>DJI>dji.go.v3/DJI_RECORD, respectively.

** Note again only 720p/1080p (depending on your image transmission mode setting) videos and highly compressed JPEG photos are cached.

How does mavic create RTH point? Sometimes i get message that rth is updated and saved, but sometimes i dont get that message... how could i know what is the rth status?
How could i set it to make rth point where im/remote controler? I often move around, and i wouldnt like to rth where i start flying...

The home point is usually set when you first power on the drone (and it achieves GPS lock). By default, this doesn't then change. You can manually instruct the drone (actually the GO4 app) to record a new home point by going to settings > MC Settings > Home Point Settings then touching either the 'arrow icon' to set the home to where the aircraft currently is or the 'man icon' to where you currently are (or rather where your phone is). You can do this as many times as you like. There's also a shortcut to set the home point to where you are by swiping left on the main GO4 screen.

You can see where the home point is currently set to by touching the 'map' on the lower left part of the GO4 app - the green "H" is the current home point.

You can also dynamically update the home point every 10 seconds or so TO THE AIRCRAFT'S POSITION ONLY by enabling the 'Enable Dynamic Home Point' setting in the MC Settings screen.

ok... i know how to get photos from sd card and everything... i was just wondering about synching to phone, becouse i like to have them on phone, so i can quickly check them on field...

will look into RTH settings....

thanks!

now i have another problem! since i change my sd card to 64gb, my photos name starts with org_ and than a bunch of numbers... why did this change? i did reset camera, but problem is still here...

Yeah, so do mine - I think this is just the way the GO4 app catalogues them (there are additional files associated with each image, such as thumbnails etc) and, therefore, by design. The uSD card storing the originals are numbered per the setting in the picture settings menu i.e. Reset or Continuous e.g. DJI_0001.JPG etc. I guess DJI just expect you to quickly preview the files on your phone (so the name doesn't matter) but actually use the files on the uSD card.

Ok ok... i assume, that filenames on phone and sd card are the same...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS