DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for Editing + Flying?

marcomcarneiro

Reactions
Hey folks!
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and I've been thinking about getting a tablet for both flying and editing videos+photos. Today I fly with a Galaxy Samsung S10+ (on the bigger ends of phones), and edit with a McBook Air. Not a lot of power, gets cranky with big videos, but works.

Researching here, I've found recommendations for flying (iPad Mini 4/5 seem to be the favorites, but some recommendations on Galaxy S5e too) and some tablets for editing (iPad Pro), but couldn't find anyone recommending one for both.

Granted: some power comes from the size, so what makes iPad Pro ideal for editing probably makes it bad for flying, and vice versa for the iPad Mini. But is there any middle ground this community has tried/experimented with? Or keeping things separate is best?

I don't mind Apple or Android, but wanted to try one for all, in order to avoid buying, caring for and carrying two devices :)

Thanks all,
Marco

I fly with the iPad Mini 5. The resolution is fantastic! I was editing on my PC but it was slow, sad, and angry that I was making in work so hard. I picked up LumaFusion and am now editing on my iPad Mini, it's fast in rendering and once you get used to the small screen size, it works really well. I also have a HDMI connector so I can use one of my monitors, or my TV while editing and viewing.

Reactions: marcomcarneiro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14