DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tablet for mini 2

So here it is, up and running!

All I need is a slightly longer cable to connect to the RC, the supplied one is just a tad short, by about an inch, so the tablet is off set to the right! Anybody know what the correct name is for the socket on the Tablet, the RC is a USB C.
IMG_9566.jpg

All I need is a slightly longer cable to connect to the RC, the supplied one is just a tad short, by about an inch, so the tablet is off set to the right! Anybody know what the correct name is for the socket on the Tablet, the RC is a USB C.
View attachment 144331
Looking good cheddar-man!

View attachment 144331
It could be a usb micro.Make sure you get one compatible for dji remote as the wrong cable will not work.It needs to be able to transfer data, Google your tablet cable to make sure it is a micro usb

Type this item number into ebay and it will bring a cable up 313805348528

I tried two cables from Amazon, both quoted as Mini 2 compatible, but neither connected!!
However, I then had a brainwave (unusual for my 83yo noggin) and realised that if I turned the Galaxy S2 around 180º the cable supplied was a perfect fit!!
Very happy with setup now, nice symmetric set-up and nice and LIGHT!

IMG_9578.jpg

Hello,

Since my Moto G Power phone won't connect with the controller, I've thought maybe I should get a tablet. I'd want to make SURE that it was compatible. Any suggestions?
Just seen this. My Mini2 controller uses a Moto G Power phone. It works quite well, with some app crashes from time to time though. Have you tried the hints on the various forums for improving performance of phones that might struggle a bit to handle demands of fly app?

Personally no! Flew my P3A for years on a Nvidia Shield K1 (DJI GO App) with no issues and now fly my Mini 2 with either an iPhone XR or the Samsung Galaxy S2, shown above, again with (so far) no issues.

I don't see the Moto G Power phone on the tried and tested list. which may be why you have issues.

Last edited:
Oh dear, back to the drawing board! Flying over a headland the other day and the Fly App shut off on the Galaxy S2! As it will, the Mini 2 just hovered where it was and I was able to start the App again and take back control.
Spoke with DJI Support and they just said that the Galaxy S2 was not on the approved list!
Looks like a revert to Apply device and looking at the iPad mini 5 which is "under testing" according to DJI.
Anybody fly with the Mini 5 iPad??
In the meantime, reverting to my old faithful iPhone XR, small but reliable!

I am more than happy with my Huawie mediapad M5 lite 10 tried several Samsung tablets but compass never worked but everything works on this and it fast.Bought it on ebay under £100 .I stuck an anti glare screen protector on it and its great 😉

Thanks but too big for me. I’m very happy with an 8” hence thinking iPad mini 5 if it is stable. Apparently DJI are still “testing” it whatever that means🤔

I got a reply from Support and they suggested changing one of the settings on the S2 and re install the App so I’ll see what happens. Keep the drone near!

This was their recommendations:

1. Find the setting of "Install unknown apps" in the phone system settings, and turn on the switch of "Allow from this source" to have a try.
2. If the "Install Unknown App" setting has been turned on, please uninstall the old version of the app after backing up photos and videos, restart the phone, and download then install the APP which downloads on DJI official website.
3. Next, kindly uninstall and re-install the DJI Fly app via our official website DJI Mini 2 - Downloads - DJI
*Note: Please kindly backup all the necessary files before uninstalling the apps.

I haven't flow with the Galaxy since doing this other than in the back yard but will monitor it.

Reactions: Faster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo