DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tablet for mini 2

This was their recommendations:

1. Find the setting of "Install unknown apps" in the phone system settings, and turn on the switch of "Allow from this source" to have a try.
2. If the "Install Unknown App" setting has been turned on, please uninstall the old version of the app after backing up photos and videos, restart the phone, and download then install the APP which downloads on DJI official website.
3. Next, kindly uninstall and re-install the DJI Fly app via our official website DJI Mini 2 - Downloads - DJI
*Note: Please kindly backup all the necessary files before uninstalling the apps.

I haven't flow with the Galaxy since doing this other than in the back yard but will monitor it.
Thanks. Good luck!

I'm very happy with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite tablet. About 2" wider than the Mini 2 controller. Had to get an extension holder on Amazon to hold it securely. DJI Fly loaded fine. A gentlemen here told me that it is the CPU that is 64bit. That is the key. Some glare problems. I got a hood that was suppose to be compatible with the Tab A7, but is way too big.

Ken

Last edited:
So mittens531, have you made a decision?? I've just been given my Son's old iPad Mini3 and this seems. to work just fine so will be selling the Samsung Tab S2..............

I use an Ipad. Not a pro, not an air, just an ipad. I think the latest generation but I don't keep track. It is equipped with cell reception. Works just fine with mini2, M2p, and Air2. Used to use androids but they gave me fits. The ipad just works. No muss no fuss.
Great! Can you please reply with a link to where you got the longer cable to connect controller to ipad?

Reactions: Captain Spock
Not sure why you'd need a 10"+ screen? My 84 year old eyes are very happy with the iPad Minis you don't need an extension cable, those supplied fit perfectly.

IMG_0388.jpeg

Not sure why you'd need a 10"+ screen? My 84 year old eyes are very happy with the iPad Minis you don't need an extension cable, those supplied fit perfectly.

View attachment 155261
Congratulations on 84 years! Great to see you flying. My decision was simple. I had the Ipad and a cable cost less than an Ipad mini, lol.

thanks! the other aspect of a cable i need is one that will connect to my iPhone using a straight in plug vice the ones that are 90 degrees that conflict with my iPhone case. can you help with that? can't find one like that on the link

thanks! the other aspect of a cable i need is one that will connect to my iPhone using a straight in plug vice the ones that are 90 degrees that conflict with my iPhone case. can you help with that? can't find one like that on the link
I think this one might do it. At Amazon. Both ends are straight in.

CableCreation Short 1FT USB C to Lightning Cable, [MFi Certified] Durable Braided Type C to iPhone Fast Charging Cable for iPhone 13/12/11/11 Pro/X/XS/8 Plus/iPad/Airpods Pro, Support Power Delivery​

Price $15.19

Attachments

• USB C to Lightning.jpg
    USB C to Lightning.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2
I think this one might do it. At Amazon. Both ends are straight in.

CableCreation Short 1FT USB C to Lightning Cable, [MFi Certified] Durable Braided Type C to iPhone Fast Charging Cable for iPhone 13/12/11/11 Pro/X/XS/8 Plus/iPad/Airpods Pro, Support Power Delivery​

Price $15.19
But not knowing Iphones, I don't know if it will give you the data connection you need.

I've been told that the "Older" iPad mini's won't work,but I'm using a iPad mini2 64 bit, with no problems at all?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair