DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for the Mini 2

I tried
you'll need an extender attachment to mount the zenpad, I use the one from Drone Valley.

works great, the charge port on the zenpad is close enough that you won't need any kind of extended length cable to plug into the controller, and it is a USB-C type port.
I tried one of these, and liked it, but, I didn't like the excess pressure it placed on my antenna. Picked up a DJI RC-N1 Tablet Mount, instead. It buckles around the body of the Remote, leaving the antenna free and clear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211225-075844_DJI Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20211225-075844_DJI Store.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Rgrimard
I’m looking forward to trying mine, only issue is it’s not exactly mobile, I have a stand of sorts I can sit it on at home but moving to open spaces will require just sitting it on truck of car, it seems way to heavy and awkward to try fashion an attachment to controller

Sounds very interesting about the Ipad 12.9 pro. It would be nice to see some posts added here to see the improvement. I was thinking of the Apple Ipad Mini with 7.9" it would be an upgrade from using my Iphone 8
for a larger viewing area. I did order the extender for the Ipad Mini for the remote.

I tried

I tried one of these, and liked it, but, I didn't like the excess pressure it placed on my antenna. Picked up a DJI RC-N1 Tablet Mount, instead. It buckles around the body of the Remote, leaving the antenna free and clear.
Good Idea, I agree with you about excessive torque or pressure on that Antenna. I don't think they were designed to hold the extra weight of an Ipad or Ipod.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
I just got the mini 2 and using a tab s6. I'm using this
Tablet holder

I'm concerned that it will stress the remote but pretty much don't have a choice due to my handicap (partial paralysis of my right side. Took it out for a short maiden flight on Christmas morning high winds). It certainly works but it's top heavy.

I like I don't have to remove it when storing.

After looking at Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

And the few previous threads that show up when you type in a title for your post

It seems the choice is very very limited for us Mini 2 owners, and please dont mention that overpriced tripletek unit, that is well outside my price range.

So it seems Im stuck with an Apple device, the Mini 4 looks promising but then i read that its under powered and has issues, so get the mini 5 but again price wise and the amount of use it will get that to isnt practical either.

Is it a dead end, should I just get a decent phone, there are plenty of those listed on the best tablets webpage.
I Ordered the Apple Ipad 2017 version with 32GB WIFI + Cellular for my Mini 2 and back home for my Air 2.
Others have said "You don't need the Cellular option". Probably not, but I have found out and realize is
you Get what you Pay for. I don't normally pay big $$'s but when it comes to Software products being
compatible with "Other" software, like the Fly App and the GO 4 app the extra $$ sometimes does help.
If you get a Apple Ipad Mini 4 or 5 and issues start popping up I would like to think I might have avoided
those problems. I hope so.

Reactions: disisme
Thanks for all the recommendations, I snagged an Asus Zenpad 8 for £25 which works great, I also managed to get a Samsung SG Tab Lite for a really good price as the screen has a hairline crack but works fine.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I snagged an Asus Zenpad 8 for £25 which works great, I also managed to get a Samsung SG Tab Lite for a really good price as the screen has a hairline crack but works fine.
Does the compass work on these 🤶

Does the compass work on these 🤶

I did a quick check on the specs of the Asus and it has a compass but sad to say the Samsung doesnt have one, its not a big deal to me as I never use the orientation marker in the app

Lovely....good buy at that price. I purchased an Ipad 5th Gen the other day. What I'm now looking for is
an Extension cable from the Mine 2 Controller to the Ipad connection slot. I will have to search on this site.
I thought I saw a post about someone else looking for one.
Will your current Controller cable be able to reach the Samsung SG Tab?

I tried

Hi 1 TenaciousG......My new Apple I Pad 2017 5th Gen measures 6.6 inches in Height. I purchased the
Extender from Drone Valley and it is made very Solid, however it does Extend the Antenna Bracket tall enough
to Hold the Ipad, so I'm screwed there, but I can make it work.
Can you tell me if the your DJI RC-N1 Tablet mount will open up to at least 6.6 inches?? before I buy one.??
I will also look at the DJI web Site and put eyes on it....Thank you for your Feedback...Ron

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Lovely....good buy at that price. I purchased an Ipad 5th Gen the other day. What I'm now looking for is
an Extension cable from the Mine 2 Controller to the Ipad connection slot. I will have to search on this site.
I thought I saw a post about someone else looking for one.
Will your current Controller cable be able to reach the Samsung SG Tab?

Sadly no, I just purchased a 20cm lead, which arrived today and was still to short, so I found a 30cm one, hopefully once that arrives I should be good, in the meantime I can use the 20cm one it just means having the tablet to one side more than the other

Your cable ( from what i can google search) will be USB C to USB C so any good cable should be fine, I purchased this one

Sadly no, I just purchased a 20cm lead, which arrived today and was still to short, so I found a 30cm one, hopefully once that arrives I should be good, in the meantime I can use the 20cm one it just means having the tablet to one side more than the other

Your cable ( from what i can google search) will be USB C to USB C so any good cable should be fine, I purchased this one
Good find. I looked at your link and it should be good, I had to look elsewhere since Ebay in the states
didn't have much to Offer. I did find a USBC Male to USBC Female the short version about 8 inches in
length on Amazon. It is scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday Jan 4. I'll send you the link if you need it.
I was surprised to see that the 20cm lead (7 inches) was to short. My Apple Ipad is 6 3/4 inches (16cm)wide
by 10inches Long 25.4cm. Hope your new cable will be correct.

It would be handy if members using i pads or tablets would state if the compass works with the ones they are using 🤔

I'm still using the Asus Zenpad Z8 I got on Ebay for under $100. Works just fine
I got one because of this comment. Thank you. Very nice hardware for price and it worked great with the Mini2. The size of a phone is so much easier to handle, but with the tablet I could actually see things. I sold my drone but keeping the tablet! By the way the Honor 7x works fine with Mini2, in case anyone is looking for a cheap phone.

Reactions: teeroy
I'm using a iPad Mini 6 and it works great. But it's expensive and very had to justify the cost.

Now that a have a new tablet holder that can accommodate it, I can use my iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd gen. I haven't used it yet because it's been too cold, but I plan to soon.

This is what you need. I’ve been using one for over a year and I guarantee your iPad Mini will not slip out of it. This guy even makes them for the Mini 6.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi