DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for the Mini 2

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
After looking at Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

And the few previous threads that show up when you type in a title for your post

It seems the choice is very very limited for us Mini 2 owners, and please dont mention that overpriced tripletek unit, that is well outside my price range.

So it seems Im stuck with an Apple device, the Mini 4 looks promising but then i read that its under powered and has issues, so get the mini 5 but again price wise and the amount of use it will get that to isnt practical either.

Is it a dead end, should I just get a decent phone, there are plenty of those listed on the best tablets webpage.

I'm still using the Asus Zenpad Z8 I got on Ebay for under $100. Works just fine

After looking at Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

And the few previous threads that show up when you type in a title for your post

It seems the choice is very very limited for us Mini 2 owners, and please dont mention that overpriced tripletek unit, that is well outside my price range.

So it seems Im stuck with an Apple device, the Mini 4 looks promising but then i read that its under powered and has issues, so get the mini 5 but again price wise and the amount of use it will get that to isnt practical either.

Is it a dead end, should I just get a decent phone, there are plenty of those listed on the best tablets webpage.
I use my iPad Air 2020 since April , not supported according to DJI, but I can assure you absolutely no any problems what so ever and you can us that one for many other things compared with the Mini 5 due to the small screen

I had a Mini 4 and upgraded to a Mini 5. It made a huge difference. My only complaint is on really hot days the screen gets darker after about an hour.

Reactions: Gagey52
my 10" and 7" tablets both work on my mini 2
Naming what they are would have been helpful mate

So we have so far

Samsung Tab A 8.4
Tab S6 lite
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E
Asus Zenpad Z8

None of which are mentioned as compatible on the helppage, is it outdated, It says updated daily, or am i missing something?

Either way at least I now have, thanks to you guys, a starting point, I can head to ebay now and start searching

As for the Apple Ipad 5 and Air, again they are out of my price range with regards to use versus cost, but thanks anyway lads

Merry xmas to you all

Naming what they are would have been helpful mate

So we have so far

Samsung Tab A 8.4
Tab S6 lite
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E
Asus Zenpad Z8

None of which are mentioned as compatible on the helppage, is it outdated, It says updated daily, or am i missing something?

Either way at least I now have, thanks to you guys, a starting point, I can head to ebay now and start searching

As for the Apple Ipad 5 and Air, again they are out of my price range with regards to use versus cost, but thanks anyway lads

Merry xmas to you all
Sorry mate but the 8" one is a samsung galaxy tab a8 2019 smt295 and the 10" is a vankyo bought on ebay both work brill but no compass even though the tab is lte

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
Sorry mate but the 8" one is a samsung galaxy tab a8 2019 smt295 and the 10" is a vankyo bought on ebay both work brill but no compass even though the tab is lte

Thanks for the info, I'll add them to the list and search ebay, I've just picked up an Asus Zenpad 8.0, it only cost me £25 with postage, no idea if it works but for the price it was a bargain and I can use my sim card with it.

Which model of the Vankyo? there are a few on ebay

Thanks for the info, I'll add them to the list and search ebay, I've just picked up an Asus Zenpad 8.0, it only cost me £25 with postage, no idea if it works but for the price it was a bargain and I can use my sim card with it.

Hi.It was the Z10_EEA

you'll need an extender attachment to mount the zenpad, I use the one from Drone Valley.

works great, the charge port on the zenpad is close enough that you won't need any kind of extended length cable to plug into the controller, and it is a USB-C type port.

you'll need an extender attachment to mount the zenpad, I use the one from Drone Valley.

works great, the charge port on the zenpad is close enough that you won't need any kind of extended length cable to plug into the controller, and it is a USB-C type port

Thnaks for that, I already have a bracket, just a cheap one from ebay but it worked fine when I tested it with the mini 2 that I have (pity its not powerful enough)

Hi.It was the Z10_EEA

Thanks for the info buddy
But is the Extra Viewing Screen on the Ipad worth using it? or did you go back to your Iphone ? I'm
looking for a good reason to switch to an Apple Ipad. Any Comments on that?....thank you ...Ron

Ipads are better than a phone IMHO, as they are larger they make seeing the view easier, however if you just intend to fly around the phone is fine

I have a 12.9 that I’m planning on flying from the house, however I’m surround by trees so don’t anticipate using it much…. Unfortunately if I travel to other sites I’ll be using an iPhone mini… not ideal but its what I have

After using all kinds of devices,if have just gone to the daddy of them all
Ipad 12.9 pro with the new M1 chip and its beyond awesome ,totally different flying experience, with more screen .

Reactions: Christianpeso
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78