DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Holder for Mavic 2 Controller

Actually, they dont interfere/block - unless you are referring to straight up. If you're flying straight above your head, the distance from you and the drone would not exceed 400ft (legally) or in "worst case" 1500ft.

I am a Lifthor Sif XXL user and I couldn't be happier. I ordered the sun hood and the lanyard as extras. I got the XXL because I use a iPad Pro 10.5.
The antenna's are fully functional and the "flat" should ALWAYS be pointed at the bird, regardless of where it is in relationship to the OP.

Pictures or IM's to answer any questions

I'm looking to buy a tablet holder for my iPad and trying to see which ones people like. I assume anything that worked with the first Mavic would work just as well with the Mavic 2. The controllers only look slightly different. Some of the ones I've seen on YouTube look kind of flimsy and a few don't seem to hold the tablet that securely. MavMount 3.0 looks pretty solid. Some favorites?

I've been using the LifThor for quite some time. I use it with a pro-grade camera strap and my iPad Pro 10.5 (big tablet)... I find it very well balanced, lightweight, but MOST IMPORTANTLY you can still glance down and see the remote entirely. You can't go wrong with this. People who say it is flimsy must just be too rough with their "stuff". The newer models collapse more fully (I believe)... maybe VikingFlyer will swap my old one out? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Turn11
Mavmount ftw

Attachments

• 20180904_170154.jpg
    20180904_170154.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • 20180904_170141.jpg
    20180904_170141.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
Don't assume that if it works on mavic pro it will work on mavic 2, mine doesn't slight changes in the RC have made mine unusable on mavic 2 pro.

Which LifThor model do you own as pr today? It's correct if you own one of our previous models, like the V3 - then its a bit tricky due to the change DJI made with having the RC sticks clamps (the small rubber things that you click the sticks into when you want to save space)

If you removed those it would fit (but I do NOT recommend you to remove them)

HOWEVER - on our new series, the LifThor SIF - that is collapsible and constructed differently - it doesn't matter anymore - you can fit both Mavic 1 Pro and Air, Spark and Mavic 2.

Anyone with a LifThor V3 (or older) - contact us if you have purchased a Mavic 2. We might have something up our sleeves ;)

Which LifThor model do you own as pr today? It's correct if you own one of our previous models, like the V3 - then its a bit tricky due to the change DJI made with having the RC sticks clamps (the small rubber things that you click the sticks into when you want to save space)

If you removed those it would fit (but I do NOT recommend you to remove them)

HOWEVER - on our new series, the LifThor SIF - that is collapsible and constructed differently - it doesn't matter anymore - you can fit both Mavic 1 Pro and Air, Spark and Mavic 2.

Anyone with a LifThor V3 (or older) - contact us if you have purchased a Mavic 2. We might have something up our sleeves ;)

Had to put my V3 away Also. I needed a holder that can be used across the board. And it did not do that.

Mavmount and Liftthor dont seem to be on international Amazon which makes them slow or not worth the effort for most of the world sadly.

I got my Thor lif on Amazon took about 4 days for shipping and this thing is amazing. I'm using it to hold my iPad pro 9.7 without taking my case off. Using it for Mavic 2, and there is no interference with the antennas or remote screen. These were my reasons for getting the Thor. I want everything accessible without interference.

Attachments

• 65558C05-20A4-401E-89FE-DE4D849FED3D.jpeg
    65558C05-20A4-401E-89FE-DE4D849FED3D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 63
  • 5B2DD4A7-47B1-4833-A4A6-2E6AB876B017.jpeg
    5B2DD4A7-47B1-4833-A4A6-2E6AB876B017.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 62
  • BE9B0AF7-29BA-4FCB-AB24-A5541E726C87.jpeg
    BE9B0AF7-29BA-4FCB-AB24-A5541E726C87.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
The only issue i have with the Thor (and to be fair nearly all other holders ive seen) is the power and volume buttons of all the tablets i have are on the side. The Thor clamp if the tablet is centres is right on the power button and if tight, will turn the tablet off.

The only issue i have with the Thor (and to be fair nearly all other holders ive seen) is the power and volume buttons of all the tablets i have are on the side. The Thor clamp if the tablet is centres is right on the power button and if tight, will turn the tablet off.

My volume buttons are on the side as well, but the tablet clamp does not touch them and I can leave my tablet in the case and still use the clamp.

Doesnt seem to work on my Nexus 2013 or Huawei M3s. Top clamp is right on the power button.

Had my V3 Thor for over a year. In my opinion the best one out there. Unobstructed view of the RC sold me. Bought it for my MP and have been using it for my M2P, not the best fit but works.

Doesnt seem to work on my Nexus 2013 or Huawei M3s. Top clamp is right on the power button.
The LifThor doesn't? That sucks man, I didn't like the idea that on my phone it was the radar style or the map. I want both like I get on my tablet.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180913_021925.jpg
    MVIMG_20180913_021925.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 30
IMG_20180914_000344.jpg

When tightened thats the power and volume buttons sadly. Not just LifThor - most holders have an issue like that.

The LifThor doesn't? That sucks man, I didn't like the idea that on my phone it was the radar style or the map. I want both like I get on my tablet.

I dont think Android has ever had that option?

(I never use the map anyway, radar is useful to me, map isnt).

That
View attachment 46407

When tightened thats the power and volume buttons sadly. Not just LifThor - most holders have an issue like that.

I dont think Android has ever had that option?

(I never use the map anyway, radar is useful to me, map isnt).

Oh that's a terrible design lol

Really? On Android you only get one or the other?

Sometimes there's something specific I want to go look at and I'm a ways away so I like the map for that. Not going to lie I've used this little drone to avoid crowds at the grocery store fly over check the parking lot fly back

Check out post #46 in this thread it may apply. I have the Sif and it is a well engineered, exceptionally well manufactured piece of hardware.

Delivery speed is NOT an issue unless you want it tomorrow. This is copied from the Order and it was there in three days. I ordered it late in the afternoon and received it on the third day. (East coast)
DHL EXPRESS SHIPPING (2 - 3 days delivery)

Tablet Holder for Mavic 2 Controller

Reactions: VikingFlyer
<— had same problem with an iPad, went back to the MM. I also use a Hoodman fabric “scope” which is top-heavy (but the sun is really bright down here in South Texas.) No mount I have tried will hold that in place along with the tablet when you dangle it from a neck strap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer