DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Holder for Mavic 2 Controller

Had my V3 Thor for over a year. In my opinion the best one out there. Unobstructed view of the RC sold me. Bought it for my MP and have been using it for my M2P, not the best fit but works.

VikingFlyer, the owner of Thors Drone World - The Home of the LifThor, posted that
they are working on an option for those that had an older LifThor model and have
purchased the Mavic 2...

I received outstanding customer service from Thors Drone World and they have standard expedited shipping.

I received my LifThor SIF on Wednesday in California after ordering from Norway on Monday.

See this post - Tablet Holder for Mavic 2 Controller

Which LifThor model do you own as pr today? It's correct if you own one of our previous models, like the V3 - then its a bit tricky due to the change DJI made with having the RC sticks clamps (the small rubber things that you click the sticks into when you want to save space)

If you removed those it would fit (but I do NOT recommend you to remove them)

HOWEVER - on our new series, the LifThor SIF - that is collapsible and constructed differently - it doesn't matter anymore - you can fit both Mavic 1 Pro and Air, Spark and Mavic 2.

Anyone with a LifThor V3 (or older) - contact us if you have purchased a Mavic 2. We might have something up our sleeves ;)

Anyone knows if its there any promo code available actually for that LifThor SIF holder?

The Mavmount is a great and well built holder and the only drawback I see with it is it blocks the view of RC screen and buttons which could be a problem with the glitchy Go 4 app.
Really? I have not had the same problem you are referring to with any of his holders. Unless you are using a 12-inch tablet. I use 10.5 sometime. If not maybe try setting it up another way. I have tried every decent tablet holder out there and more than once from the same Co.MavMount Top quality materials used. Best milled aluminum base made Anywhere. And I did not even get a 10% off discount!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Aerial West
MM appears to block the RC screen (i dont like that, my current holder does) and have a massive heavy ball mount which doesnt look that light or small to stow.

You can have it in the ergonomic/balanced pro hood configuration, or you can swing it to see the redundant screen too... either way. the ballhead is heavy duty, but the whole thing weights about 4 ounces.. its lightweight 6061 aircraft grade aluminum.

I use it for hours on end with no issue. If your arms get tired, there's a spot for a lanyard as well!

Haven't had the MavMount long, but I've honestly never used it without the lanyard. I also still like the LifThor... they both have their benefits.. though the MavMount is built like an F18.

Haven't had the MavMount long, but I've honestly never used it without the lanyard. though the MavMount is built like an F18.
Thanks so much. My father, before he passed, was a aerospace engineer and worked on the f14, f15, f16, f18, and 21, the space shuttle, etc... all doing CNC aluminum milling! I would have loved to have let him know i got this comment!

He'd probably tell me to 'calm down, you're not quite designing fighter jets just yet'.. lol.

Reactions: projectarjun
I didn't design them, but I did get to ride in a T38 (the trainer for the F4) twice, the thrill of my life. The rest of the time I was in the AF I spent 50% of it riding in an RC-135

I didn't design them, but I did get to ride in a T38 (the trainer for the F4) twice, the thrill of my life. The rest of the time I was in the AF I spent 50% of it riding in an RC-135
oh man, im so jealous! my grandfather flew p-51's, p-38's, and the first saber jets.

never got to take a ride as a kid, but man... love those birds!

oh man, im so jealous! my grandfather flew p-51's, p-38's, and the first saber jets.

never got to take a ride as a kid, but man... love those birds!

I got to fly and ride in a buttload of older military planes. The guy who taught me to fly my first plane (A Luscomb 8A taildragger) had a B17 he built from the parts of two of them he bought, now that was cool. I also got to ride and do some of the flying in a Mustang and F4 Corsair two-seaters a buddy owned for the CFA... that Mustang was a rocket, but nothing like the T38. I also took the "recovery from unusual attitudes" training in an old Air Force T34 at Hooks airport outside of Houston.... that was some fun and exhilarating stuff... they take you up, you put a hood on, they get you all kinds of upside down and basically out of control and you learn to recover. I don't think they do it anymore, seem to recall they had a crash and got grounded. I also got to take the Concorde once from JFK to Heathrow when I worked as the CIO for a law firm with too much money! That was a real trip, though you really have no clue you're going all that fast other than the mach meter which they display. NOVA on PBS had a show on about the Concorde last night.

had a B17 he built from the parts

Your instructor must’ve been one Hell of an A&P as well. I too am jealous. I flew prop aircraft in the Navy then jets at work after I got out. But I was lucky enough to fly a T 28 in training so I’m very familiar with the smell of those radials. Sure hope he got a lot of ground testing before that first solo, I’m not sure I would trust myself. :)

They don’t make them like they used to..

KB

Haven't had the MavMount long, but I've honestly never used it without the lanyard. I also still like the LifThor... they both have their benefits.. though the MavMount is built like an F18.
MavMount...yes it is state of art..
Lifthor is the way to go...l have one,its not Alu but outstanding,clear view of my controler and ipad

MavMount...yes it is state of art..
Lifthor is the way to go...l have one,its not Alu but outstanding,clear view of my controler and ipad
If you're still tied too the controller screen, you can set the mavmount to see both too, and be balanced.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin