DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Holder for Mavic 2 Controller

Update: I got tired of the MM allowing the tablet to spin. Even picked up a bigger thumbscrew from B&H. That helped but, didn't completely stop the rotation. Never liked the LifThor (sorry VF.) Decided to try the PP mount and it is by far the best of the three, IMHO.

Mavic2 Pre Purchase Question
How important (for a beginner) is it to be able to see the rc's screen? I see some of the mounts will block the rc screen but look to provide a better overall balance.
TIA

I settled on Freewell's new Mavic 2 mount for only $24

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D13HQFG/

DJI MAVIC 2 TABLET MOUNT LITE - FREEWELL GEAR

I really like it, esp for only $24. Inexpensive, Aluminum and light weight unlike some others being discussed. I wanted to try this before dropping 3x+ the cost on something else.

Its similar to MavMount but a fraction of the cost and the table mount seems very sturdy and strong clamp and adjustable to fit various sizes (unlike MavMount).

I also wanted the option to adjust it to be able to see the control screen and controls with my iPad mini which I can. I haven't tried it with my iPad pro 10.5 yet. Though it will fit and the way I have it adjusted you will also still be able to view the controls and screen if desired.

Hope this helps someone.
Interesting....the price now is $31.49

Last edited:
Same experience to USA West coast (I know difference in distance) I have literally had letters take longer to get to the North East USA from Arizona.
Love how both RC & display are 100% visible at all times. When I use the Titan switch I use the MavMount, RC isn't quite as visible even with the base turned around.

Mavic2 Pre Purchase Question
How important (for a beginner) is it to be able to see the rc's screen? I see some of the mounts will block the rc screen but look to provide a better overall balance.
TIA

there is no reason to be able to look at the screen. DJI Go 4 replicates every piece of useful information you need.

achieving a comfortable balance of the heavy display screen is by far and away more important.

Reactions: JAW
Hi..its my first post here and I have bought my first drone m2p.After few flights I want bigger screen and have decided to buy last gen. ipad -entry level with lte.I will buy the pgytech holder for 16€...that looks functional

Lift Thor works, but clumsy and a bit of a pain, love the new controller, but 500 quid, I’ll cope with clumsy...

Reactions: ff22
I just bought the Mavmount for a 12.9 inch IPad. I believe there are videos on the Mavmount site to help you balance the controller to keep it from being “top heavy”.

I have the iPad Pro 10.5” and if DJI would just let the screen rotate I wouldn't have to spend extra cash on a mount. Plus I’d have a ton of left over screen real-estate for them to put extra goodies. A larger PIP map for instance... ;)

Update: I got tired of the MM allowing the tablet to spin. Even picked up a bigger thumbscrew from B&H. That helped but, didn't completely stop the rotation. Never liked the LifThor (sorry VF.) Decided to try the PP mount and it is by far the best of the three, IMHO.

Is this the new Flightdeck mount from PP? Thx.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661