DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet recommendations for a Mavic Air 2?

I have a Samsung galaxy tab a ,android 8.1, 64gb rom, 2gb ram,10.5" 2018 but for some reason I can't install DJI fly app from anywhere don't know why as DJI say above android 6 is good,any ideas what tabs work with fly app for a decent price,

Reactions: nencmeister
I have a Samsung galaxy tab a ,android 8.1, 64gb rom, 2gb ram,10.5" 2018 but for some reason I can't install DJI fly app from anywhere don't know why as DJI say above android 6 is good,any ideas what tabs work with fly app for a decent price,

How did you get the DJI Fly app to install on the Tab A? I tried to download it from the website and install it that way but it still failed.

I am using an iPad Pro 10.5 inch with the Black MavMount 3.0 for the DJI Mavic Air 2
Not sure if you know this, but MavMount now has the Air Lock system available for MA2 users, and it's compatible with the earlier version mounts. I have the 3.0 as well. The Air Lock is a screw that fastens into the quarter/twenty threaded hole on the center of your mount and locks the two antenna arms to the mount to make it much more secure. I still don't like the idea of using a large iPad with a MavMount on the Air 2 due to added stress to the antenna system, but I just purchased an iPad Mini 5, and I feel comfortable with that. I bought the Air Lock fastener, and with my Ver 3.0, it's rock solid.

Reactions: zeusfl
How did you get the DJI Fly app to install on the Tab A? I tried to download it from the website and install it that way but it still failed.

Is your tab A the new (2019) model? Did you drop the APK file into the tab A and try to sideload it that way?

Is your tab A the new (2019) model? Did you drop the APK file into the tab A and try to sideload it that way?
I have the 2019 and I'm having the same issues could you please explain your procedure. APK file and side loading?.... Thank you

I was flying with my ipad mini until a friend of mine told me about a TRIPLTEK 7" Tablet .The display is a 1000 nit and It can be seen under the sun. In compare to my ipad mini is day and night, under the sun I can not see anything on my ipad. It fits perfect with the controller and the cpu is 10 core with 6GB. I bought it from Amazon. They also have a website Tripltek.com
Aren't these 1200 NIt and only 720P?

I use a Lenovo 8", extremely cheap and works very well. I prefer the smaller size, as I find the 10" too bulky when flying.
I have three of them: one for the Air 2 and the Mini, one for the Mavic 2 Pro and one for my guitar amplifier!

What's the model number on your Lenovo 8"?
It is called TB 8505XS, at least here in Europe.
There are other models with small differences and they are all ok (as I said I have 3 of them).
All Lenovo 8 inches tabs are good for this use, the only thing I would pay attention is the RAM: there is a model with only 16GB and it is to be avoided.
Much better to go for a model with 32GB

Reactions: GarthH
I use a Crystalsky with my Mavic 2 Zoom and have been using a 7th gen iPad with my Mavic Air 2. I have not been satisfied with the brightness of the screen on the iPad so I ordered a Tripltek 7" tablet today using CaptainDrone's $50 off promo code (on the Tripltek website). I'll let you all know how it works.

Reactions: MA2 317
There a new military grade tablet (can also function as a phone) that has recently hit the market. It has 1200 nits for brightness. Works with Go 4 and Fly apps. It's made by TriplTek. It's $549 USD with the promo code "captaindrone".

Here's one the reviews posted on YouTube.

Got my Tripltek today. Set it up and took it for a spin. Works great. The only down sides are the 1280x720 display size and it's almost an inch thick, but I'll live with them.

Attachments

• IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Additionally, these guys make a holder for the tablet that fits the Air 2.

Just purchased my first drone, MA2. I was on the fence as far as phone or tablet. I was seriously considering a iPad Mini or Air. but purchased the Tripltek 7, while nothing has come in yet, I was curious what mount the TT 7 guys are using?
This is my first go around with this stuff.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman