DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet

I ran 3 batteries without restarting the app without a glitch. They were shorter flights of around 15 minutes each.

On our Mavic Pro, my wife and I make it a team effort. I plug a 10 inch Samsung tab A into the controller with a 10 foot USB cable so that the "camera operator" (with the tablet) can stand a few feet away from the "pilot" (with the controller). Other than GO 4 "weirdness" like the gimbal tilt only half way working from the tablet (fine from the controller), it has worked fine with no camera "hesitation" or software crashes. The tablet seems to have plenty of horsepower to run the app reliably.

I also tried using one of my old Motorola smart phones (operative word is "old") and found that it did not have the resources to keep up with the camera display, had issues connecting, camera view not keeping up, etc. I am amazed at the resources required to run the GO 4 software.

If we can ever get past a password issue on my wife's iPhone 6s+, we'll download the GO 4 software to her phone and try that. Perhaps one more trip to the "Genius Bar" at the local Apple store will get the password issue resolved. After trying to work with her iPhone for a while, I now understand why they call that area the "Genius Bar".

Frankly, I would love to see a controller with the video screen and software built in. I am amazed that you have to use a cell phone or tablet to get the full experience of the Mavic. However, I probably wouldn't want to pay for that controller.....

By the way, we used an inexpensive "toy-like" drone until it flew away behind a building one day, and we are both astounded as to the capabilities of the Mavic Pro. We love it.

I ran 3 batteries without restarting the app without a glitch. They were shorter flights of around 15 minutes each.
greetings
i am using the samsung s-2 8" and it has issues wit the usb flashing and not connecting when you plug it in. i have to restart to got to work. does the 10" have the same issue?

greetings
i am using the samsung s-2 8" and it has issues wit the usb flashing and not connecting when you plug it in. i have to restart to got to work. does the 10" have the same issue?
I am using the S3 10".....no problems so far.

I am using the S3 10".....no problems so far.
So far, no issues like that with the Tab A 10 inch. It doesn't seem to care whether I start the app and then the controller or vice-versa. But I know what you mean; the old Motorola phone I mentioned earlier certainly is tricky to get connected.

My Tab E 9.7 had connection problems. I have no connection issues with Tab 3 9.7, though I do get app crashes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky