DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablets for MA, yes, again ... :-) before you chew my head off ...

The StarzMount? Looks nice.

Which holder is attached to the mount?

I guess Apple seems to work good but personally I hate apple. They force itunes on you whether you want it or not and they are control freaks and lock every aspect of their products down to the extreme.

That leaves...?
Hope it’s ok I didn’t quote the two paragraphs one non working andriod gear, but it was this comment that needs addressed.
You can always expect misinformation from someone who does not own Apple. iTunes is not forced on you at all. It is apples prefered media platform and the portal to restore Apple devices. It makes things quite easy over several devices as far as media is concerned. Also, ITunes is installed on a computer not the iPhone or iPad.
Apple products are the preferred devices for DJI. It says so right on the dji box and website. That is just how it is.
Not sure about the locked down comment but I have to assume that is because Apple does make it difficult for you to steal movies, music, and software. But it’s not impossible if you are so inclined.

I use my old IPhone 6 sometimes (no longer connected to cell). Without problems.i use a full size iPad Air 1 most of the time because I like the big screen also without problems, and sometimes I use my IPhone 7 Plus ( daily use phone) also with problems.
Thanks to iTunes, I can see stored video of any flight from any device. And I don’t have to do anything but open the photo or video from whatever device I am holding at the time.

I have used a galaxy tab s2 8" and it fits in the RC without a mount and I am pleased with the display

Not sure about the locked down comment but I have to assume that is because Apple does make it difficult for you to steal movies, music, and software. But it’s not impossible if you are so inclined.

I use an iPad Air for my Air and an iPad Mini for my Spark. Those are the only things those two tablets are used for. Regarding locked down, if someone is using an Android tablet they can plug it into any computer and push or pull files without the need of using a PC or the cloud. It is no easier to steal movies or music on an Android tablet.

You can plug any Apple device in too if you want the cord. Can be used like any other removable storage device. You can even use usb storage devices too if you get one with the Apple connector as well aS the usb connector.
I completely understand the android / Apple loyalty issues, but no need to offer false information.

You can plug any Apple device in too if you want the cord. Can be used like any other removable storage device. You can even use usb storage devices too if you get one with the Apple connector as well aS the usb connector.
I completely understand the android / Apple loyalty issues, but no need to offer false information.

Really? I can plug an iPad into a computer (without iTunes) and drag and drop (both directions) MP4 and MP3 files into any directory I want and the iPad will recognize them? If that is true, that is a change from how it has worked in the past. No lie I have (at least) 10 iPads in my house (long story) and thought I have an Android phone I prefer them for browsing the internet. I prefer Android devices for everything else. My kids/wife have iPhones so I have dogs in both lanes in this race.

From a drone perspective an iOS device is no more locked down than an Android device...actually that isn't true. You can run hacked versions of the DJI app on Android fairly easily that adds functionality that DJI refuses to add (especially for the Spark). As I stated before I use iPads for both of my DJI drones. I use an Android device for my Evo, and my other drones have built in screens. Apple makes great hardware, but to say they aren't locked down is frankly not true.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet