DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablets?

Tomorrow will arrive a cheap phablet (phone-tablet) I got that looks like a Chinese, no-brand jobbie for about £70. I'm not expecting much. It's a quick fix as my current phone (Samsung J3-6 - 2016) doesn't give me a live feed for video, although I'm getting the telemetry. I created a topic on that in the Mavic 2 'Help' section.

It's got 2ghz and 2gb RAM. I'm using it for the sole purpose of my drone, however, all is not lost - I was also looking for a field monitor for my DSLR too, so it if fails with DJI 4 Go app I'm sure it's still good for my DSLR. I won't be using it for anything else. I'll report back for anyone on the market for a budget tablet - even as a cheap second one for traveling that you may not mind if it broke.

How does the screen look, brightness and overall quality? I'm still debating on an 8" for portability (might actually fit front pouch of the FMK bag) or a 10" for the view (I'm assuming it's quite better than an 8"). I've been holding off because I've been hemorrhaging cash lately but the prices on the Lenovos aren't bad.
I think drained all remaining blood from my wallet when I finally got into this M2P too. :)

I'm not sure how to compare it to others, but I know Amazon makes returns super easy.

There are two different versions of the Galaxy A 8". Do you have the latest (2017)? All I did was install the Go4 app, plugged it in and everything worked great.

There are two different versions of the Galaxy A 8". Do you have the latest (2017)? All I did was install the Go4 app, plugged it in and everything worked great.

that i can not confirm, it was a quad core with 1.5 gb of ram from bestbuy.. do you have a mavic 2?

The latest version of the tablet also has USB-C and the old version has micro-USB. Hopefully that will help you identify which version you have. And yes, I have a Mavic 2 Zoom.

The latest version of the tablet also has USB-C and the old version has micro-USB. Hopefully that will help you identify which version you have. And yes, I have a Mavic 2 Zoom.
ok mine was not usb-c maybe when i get back from my trip i will enquire about that one. thanks for your valuable input!

Will any of these 8” tablets fit in the stock controller? I know the iPad mini does

The only 8" tablet that I know of that fits in the controller is the iPad Mini. All the others I have tried are just a bit too long.

Reactions: drrjv
Will any of these 8” tablets fit in the stock controller? I know the iPad mini does

The Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 8" fits according to multiple reports, you just need to use the USB-A port for cable management.

How is the Lenovo tablet working with your bird ? I have been thinking about picking one up on Black Friday .
I love it and have had zero issues.

This model, with the 10 inch screen, 4gb of RAM and 64gb of storage was only marketed to Germany and Japan, but some have tricked across the pond.

I picked them up on Amazon after an eBay seller in Germany failed to follow thru with the sale.

Reactions: Kingram
Hmm. The Lenovo is even slightly larger than the Samsung Galaxy A 8", so if that's true, they should both be able to fit

I don't see any way of making it fit. When the arms of the controller are fully extended, the length of the tablet is still too long.

20181022_171130.jpg20181022_171130.jpg20181022_171235.jpg20181022_171244.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga