DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI MAVIC PRO

ocatcr, do you have any idea when you will have a PL filter ?

They advertise a CPL and it is not a real circular PL, it is the same as all the other PL filters, l have and recommend the taco recipe filters

I do not believe a CPL could work with the Mavic, it would be too heavy for the gimbal, comprises of two glass lenses and they rotate on each other so you would not have a ladder high enough to reach the Mavic to do the rotation.
The PGY CPL does work very well, you can test any polarizer lens by placing over a digital watch face and rotating the lens, the face will turn from ckear tk black to clear and the lens wkrks the same as a pair of Polaroid sunglasses, it removes the glare from the surface ie such as water and allows you to see into the water. I have the PGY CPL filter and fly over water and its works very effectively.

The PGY CPL does work very well, you can test any polarizer lens by placing over a digital watch face and rotating the lens, the face will turn from ckear tk black to clear and the lens wkrks the same as a pair of Polaroid sunglasses, it removes the glare from the surface ie such as water and allows you to see into the water. I have the PGY CPL filter and fly over water and its works very effectively.

it will work the same as any others but I was interested in the CPL, it is not a CPL I have confirmed that with PGY, it is only a PL, I already have a PL and wanted to have a look at the CPL but it is being incorrectly advertised, CPL is a 'Circular PL' two glass that rotate and give you the light/dark effect, also I would think that the CPL would be too heavy for the mavic.

Reactions: Dragonfly
it will work the same as any others but I was interested in the CPL, it is not a CPL I have confirmed that with PGY, it is only a PL, I already have a PL and wanted to have a look at the CPL but it is being incorrectly advertised, CPL is a 'Circular PL' two glass that rotate and give you the light/dark effect, also I would think that the CPL would be too heavy for the mavic.
Fully understand.

they should not advertise it as a CPL when it is only a PL

Full set of PGY filters and no problems with any for Mavic on start up.
35fec951adc2d43a84050f6daae3c21b.jpg

I don't think there is much difference between Taco-RC, PolarPro or PGY filters, I went with Taco-RC because they were the lightest at the time I purchased mine, according to reports on MP.

Buy one from our AMAZON EU

Amazon.fr : TACO-RC - Photo et Caméscopes : High-Tech

We could ship it via Colissimo (Tracking)

Ok great
So I went to amazon and check
My question is what is the difference between taco-rc à clipser ND Lot de 6 filtres (UV//ND4/8/16/32/64) pour DJI Mavic around 58€
de TACO-RC and the taco Rc ND4/8/16/32/ around 72€
Do Taco U.K. Sell filters separately?
The 64 One for exemple?
Thank you

My question is what is the difference
Is it the MC (multi-coated) version?
I think this is worth the extra as it seems to reduce the lens refractions looking towards sun.
I can't see any need for 64, even the 32 is not much needed unless in bright snow perhaps.

Reactions: debric france
I've lost track here, but didn't Taco say they were releasing polarized filters late last year? They still aren't out, are they? (ND4/PL ND8/PL ND16/PL ND32/PL)

I've lost track here, but didn't Taco say they were releasing polarized filters late last year? They still aren't out, are they? (ND4/PL ND8/PL ND16/PL ND32/PL)

Were still testing the sample. Hopefully we will have it soon. thanks.

Attachments

• 20170425_165917[1].jpg
    20170425_165917[1].jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: Jamison74
When filming video with a drone, the goal is to make your shutter speed 2X that of your frame rate. If you're shooting at 30fps for example, .......CP filters do not typically work when looking directly at a light source. Hope this helps.

I have a question. I just started trying ND filters on my Mavic Pro. I'm experimenting with 24fps and 1/50th shutter speed.

I have a set of Neewer ND-4 to ND-32 filters. I know they are not the most expensive filters but they got a lot of good comments, so I tried them.

Today it was bright and sunny in Maryland and about 2PM I put on the ND-32. I could not get down below a shutter speed of 400 and keep my histogram looking nice. Is it possible these filters are not the correct density or do I need to find ND-64 or ND-128 filters?

From what I read, many people here say ND-16 is good for bright days and maybe use ND-32 in the desert. I'm finding that ND-32 is not doing it even in a heavily grassy and woody place like Maryland.

I have a question. I just started trying ND filters on my Mavic Pro. I'm experimenting with 24fps and 1/50th shutter speed.

I have a set of Neewer ND-4 to ND-32 filters. I know they are not the most expensive filters but they got a lot of good comments, so I tried them.

Today it was bright and sunny in Maryland and about 2PM I put on the ND-32. I could not get down below a shutter speed of 400 and keep my histogram looking nice. Is it possible these filters are not the correct density or do I need to find ND-64 or ND-128 filters?

From what I read, many people here say ND-16 is good for bright days and maybe use ND-32 in the desert. I'm finding that ND-32 is not doing it even in a heavily grassy and woody place like Maryland.

You might need to go to an ND64, but even with an ND32 filter on you should not be at 1/400th if you are at ISO 100.
Potentially that ND32 you have is not a 5-stop filter, or you are shooting at a higher ISO.

If you need single filters we have em!
DJI Mavic Air - Single Filters

Happy to answer any other questions,
-Jeff from PolarPro

Yea, I'm afraid that it's a quality (density) issue with the filters. I was definitely on 100 ISO. I was wishing DJI had a 50 ISO setting like some of my Canon bodies. So you get what you pay for, right?

I did just want to try some inexpensive filters first to see how they worked before buying a nice set. I'll have a look at some better quality sets, like PP has, and order one. Then, if I lose one in flight, I can use the cheap ones as an emergency backup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143