DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI MAVIC PRO

I am waiting on the polarized set. Will they be available through Amazon quickly?

Anyone with experiences with Taco filters? I know they've been around awhile and was just curious on clarity and durability. I've got my polar pro set unopened and am thinking about returning with the taco ones just so I can leave them on between battery runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have their filters for my p3p. No complaints

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Rod and 2nd2non
Installation procedure for someone who owned TACO-RC fitlers:
1. Turn off your MAVIC.
2. Hold the camera securely and carefully snap on the filter all the way down.
3. Make sure there is enough clearance to rotate your camera till reaching the end of each axis.
0.jpg
4. Power up your MAVIC.

Reactions: Romi
My taco set arrived today. The quality looks great, and I really like the zippered case they come in.
Im jealous... i should have waited.. i got the pgy ones that are a tad bit heavier. You can leave them on for initialisation. I dont know what test or comparisons i can do to check optic lens quality .

Reactions: Jayfly
Im jealous... i should have waited.. i got the pgy ones that are a tad bit heavier. You can leave them on for initialisation. I dont know what test or comparisons i can do to check optic lens quality .

Hi, Mako79. Someone posted a picture in DJI forum shows that the PGY one may be too big and will hit the gimbal. After installing the PGY filter, is there enough clearance to rotate the camera to the end of each axis?

Hi, Mako79. Someone posted a picture in DJI forum shows that the PGY one may be too big and will hit the gimbal. After installing the PGY filter, is there enough clearance to rotate the camera to the end of each axis?

Looks fine. I have moved it to all axisis and initialized it a few times and it has worked fine.
The only thing i have not tested is high winds and full tilt fwd in sports mode.

Looks fine. I have moved it to all axisis and initialized it a few times and it has worked fine.
The only thing i have not tested is high winds and full tilt fwd in sports mode.

It is weird. Just found the picture and it seems that the PGY one got stuck midway.

201632myofbofczyqzffqo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rod
It is weird. Just found the picture and it seems that the PGY one got stuck midway.

201632myofbofczyqzffqo.jpg

It looks like it does. But it doesnt.. the chance if this happening during flight is very minimal as this is extreme yaw.

Sorry about the confusion. Probably we will have PL filters set at the end of next week. Thanks.

That would be awesome if you actually got a PL design that fits on Mavic and doesn't interfere with gimbal. But based on how tight the Mavic gimble clearance is, it seems impossible to produce a thin enough PL with rotatable outer ring (CPL). Unless the filter diameter is smaller but might vignette the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi, you could buy our multi-coated ND filters set the advantage of MC Multi-coating filter is that it helps reduce most surface reflections and allows maximum light transmission. thanks.

They arrived today thank you, first try out tomorrow.. :)
20161210_175159_resized.jpg

That would be awesome if you actually got a PL design that fits on Mavic and doesn't interfere with gimbal. But based on how tight the Mavic gimble clearance is, it seems impossible to produce a thin enough PL with rotatable outer ring (CPL). Unless the filter diameter is smaller but might vignette the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I doubt very much it will not be an adjustable PL, possibly just have a marking on the outside but you will have to remove and replace it in the orientation to suit your shooting.

Reactions: bootleg.gucci
excuse my ignorance guys (new to this) but can someone explain the differences between these filters and how they work? couldn't find anything useful online

excuse my ignorance guys (new to this) but can someone explain the differences between these filters and how they work? couldn't find anything useful online
they drop the exposure, thus allowing you to use a slower shutter and get more cinematic looking shots

When filming video with a drone, the goal is to make your shutter speed 2X that of your frame rate. If you're shooting at 30fps for example, you would look for a 1/60s shutter speed (shown as 60 in the app settings). This provides a nice smooth transition between frames. Without an ND filter, on a bright day, your camera will most likely use very high shutter speeds, maybe in the 2000 to 4000 range (1/2000 of a second to 1/4000 second) depending if you're looking into the sun at all, against bright white snow, etc etc. What this does is it makes each video frame extremely sharp... stopping motion every time it takes a picture. The effect this has on a video is that it looks more like a really fast slide show as opposed to a motion picture. It may not be noticeable to an amateur eye, but once you see the difference ND filters can make, you can quickly spot the difference and will never go back to not using them. The different strengths of filters (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32, etc) adjust your shutter speed by reducing the light allowed to hit the camera sensor. If one doesn't reduce the shutter speed enough, you would try the next one, etc. There are ND calculators available to help you figure out the filter that should work best based on your shutter speed without an ND filter installed.

Circular Polarizers, on the other hand, have a different purpose. They are used to cut down on reflective light. A good example of this is shooting over water. Without a polarizer, the lake/ocean/pond may appear a shimmering white shape in the video. With a polarizer, the bodies of water appear as their natural blue color because the reflective light is blocked by the filter. Polarized filters also bring out color that may otherwise be washed out due to light reflections, so they enhance foliage, blue skies, etc. The circular polarizers have variable strength so depending on how the filter is oriented will determine the strength of the effect. In the blue sky example, you can go from washed out light blue color to a dark, almost unrealistic, blue color. You can hold it in front of your eye and turn it while looking at the sky (90 degrees to 180 degrees from the sun) to see the different effects of the filter so you can figure out which is the best orientation for what you're going to do. I mention looking away or perpendicular to the sun because CP filters do not typically work when looking directly at a light source. Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78