DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take a flight around the world's largest water wheel.

net_slayer

Reactions
Hi all! Been a while since my last post and have had plenty of opportunity to make the most of the good weather. Hope you enjoy this as much as i did making it. Was going for something new in this video which features the world's largest water in Laxey on the Isle of Man. Rather than opting for long pans and flyby's, i kept edits short and snappy with an upbeat soundtrack to show the wheel at many different angles during the evening sun. Without going over the top of course. All shot using my Mavic Air. The next video will be of the mines at the top of the valley that leads down to the wheel.

Hi all! Been a while since my last post and have had plenty of opportunity to make the most of the good weather. Hope you enjoy this as much as i did making it. Was going for something new in this video which features the world's largest water in Laxey on the Isle of Man. Rather than opting for long pans and flyby's, i kept edits short and snappy with an upbeat soundtrack to show the wheel at many different angles during the evening sun. Without going over the top of course. All shot using my Mavic Air. The next video will be of the mines at the top of the valley that leads down to the wheel.

[/QUOTE

Beautiful vid! What settings did you use for camera? What did you do post production to make it look so nice?

Thank you dude! Funny story on the camera settings though. In my previous video on my channel i used an ND16 filter and set the camera to ISO 100, 1/50 shutter speed using cinelike and the sun that day was just too bright and i had a hard time editing what i shot. Having practised since, i now know to completely avoid facing the sun when using manual settings at such tight tolerances. So on the day i flew the wheel i knew i'd have to use all angles but the sun was to my front left so i decided to use the automatic settings on the camera but still stick with cinelike to make colour grading a bit easier. Fortunately keeping things balanced throughout editing wasn't too bad at all.

I use DaVinci Resolve 14 to do my editing and to tweak colours, tone, highlights, shadows, etc. Very, very powerful tool that's free and there are plenty of Youtube tutorials on how to edit and colour grade. I've only been flying and editing for 2 months so still learning as i go and having a lot of fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14