DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking care Mavic Mini batteries by using smart charger IMAX B6 type

raulmavic

Reactions
Hi all,

Mini batteries are fragile and expensive and they need extensive care and maintenance.

DJI wall charger or DJI HUB charger are not perfect. From the begining I dream with charging Mini batteries usin my beloved Smart Charger, as I did with all my RC flying toys.

My Smart Charger is a Thunder AC6, a clone of the popular IMAX B6. Recently I updated it to cheali-charger 2017 firmware version.

As you must know, a Mavic Mini battery is composed by two Li-Ion 3.7V cells serial connected into a plastic enclosure including an specialized charging board. Only way to access is trought a six pin DJI non-stardard connector.

Main challenge with Mavic Mini batteries is looking for a suitable connector.

Building your own Mini connector can become a nightmare. In this video I'll show you my trick for getting a proper high-quality Mavic Mini connector buying a cheap chinesse car charger (about 20 euros)

Once you get a proper connector, building a charging cable and configure smart charger is easy, as you can see in the video.

I'll teach you how to charge/discharge at different current rates depending on the rush you're in, becouse long charges will allways enlarge your battery life due lower temperature.

Key feature is charger STORAGE program, that will take your Mini battery to 3.75 volts optimal level for long keeping, according to DJI manuals recomendations.

battery levels.jpg

StartRC homepage: StartRC home page

R.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun