DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking drone on vacation for first time.

ggoss59

Reactions
I have an upcoming trip to Alaska, which is a cruise on a Celebrity cruise ship with day trips on shore in Alaska.
I plan to use the drone only when on land.

What type of restrictions do the cruise lines have about bringing the drone on board and are there any special considerations about flying in Alaska ?

Thanks.

Best source of information on the policies of your cruise line is your cruise line. I know that some lines have (irrational, IMO) policies that don't permit carrying a drone on board, even if not flown! Contact your cruise line with that question, or search their web site for policies.

Alaska has the same considerations as flying anywhere in the USA, nothing special.

Cruise ship don’t allow carrying drone inside the cruise ships base on my experience.

Best source of information on the policies of your cruise line is your cruise line. I know that some lines have (irrational, IMO) policies that don't permit carrying a drone on board, even if not flown! Contact your cruise line with that question, or search their web site for policies.

Alaska has the same considerations as flying anywhere in the USA, nothing special.
No idea about your cruise restrictions but I can imagine that it’s the batteries, both storage and charging that will cause concern.(potential for explosion or fire), LiPO battery fire proof bags will head off the storage issue hopefully?

This is the best advice. Policies vary by cruise line.

its so easy to check why come here and get a bunch of answers from people that don't know?
Before You Board - Celebrity Cruises

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer...and...cruise/before-you-board

Guests are welcome to bring drones on their cruise for use on land only and outside of the port area. Drones are not to be operated onboard the ship at any time. ... A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may be subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.

I was gonna say, “Ask Captain Stubing, from the Love Boat,” but Bigbird48 gave the best reply. I knew Gilligan wouldn’t be much help.

its so easy to check why come here and get a bunch of answers from people that don't know?
Before You Board - Celebrity Cruises
https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer...and...cruise/before-you-board

Guests are welcome to bring drones on their cruise for use on land only and outside of the port area. Drones are not to be operated onboard the ship at any time. ... A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may be subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.

That, of course, only applies to one cruise company serving Alaska. Another, Norwegian Cruise Lines, does not permit passengers to bring drones on board:

"
Passengers should not bring the following items onboard any Norwegian Cruise Line ship:
  • Drones (Game Flying Device)
    Guests are not permitted to bring drones onboard for safety of other guests, as well as the welfare of the vessel.
So, the advice remains to check with *your* cruise company for *their* policy!

Reactions: Thomas B
That, of course, only applies to one cruise company serving Alaska. Another, Norwegian Cruise Lines, does not permit passengers to bring drones ......
....So, the advice remains to check with *your* cruise company for *their* policy!
Same advice for your airline if you’re flying to the port.

Hey I hope you enjoy your trip up here! Alaska has some beautiful places to fly but also be aware that a LOT of places the cruise ships visit are National Parks and it is not allowed to fly. Be sure to check an app like a AirMap for where you are and always be watching and listening for small planes. They tend to fly low around here!

Have a great time here

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78